Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

It also features Sylvestor McCoy (the 7th Doctor) and Catherine Schell (Maya from Space:1999).
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Ok I just watch The Munsters and all I can say is 'meh".

I do not remember seeing their origins so that was different and interesting. I also like that Uncle Gill showed up. I can say I glad I watched this on Netfilx instead of paying to see this at the movies.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by monitor_ep
        I can say I glad I watched this on Netfilx instead of paying to see this at the movies.
        I didn't know it opened theatrically anywhere?

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I watched half an hour last night, and I think the internet needs to settle down. Someone I know called it "the worst movie ever made" it's not even the worst thing I've seen this week! It looks gorgeous and has a couple of great performances, especially Jorge Garcia and Dan Roebuck (weirdly both from "Lost"). Something is off, but I'll withhold judgment until I see the whole thing. Its heart is in the right place, though—reverence for what came before it is rare these days.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• blastphemey
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 11, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
            I watched half an hour last night, and I think the internet needs to settle down. Someone I know called it "the worst movie ever made" it's not even the worst thing I've seen this week! It looks gorgeous and has a couple of great performances, especially Jorge Garcia and Dan Roebuck (weirdly both from "Lost"). Something is off, but I'll withhold judgment until I see the whole thing. Its heart is in the right place, though—reverence for what came before it is rare these days.
            Gotta say I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. I haven't finished it because I got distracted, I'll probably put it on to finish while I paint or something. But I think people get way too fired up and radical about everything these days. It's not that big of a deal, it is a homage of a movie and it's not great but it can be left at that, it's my personal belief that one's blood pressure should remain the same when reviewing films and media.
            The amount of people in the world that believe everyone needs their views aligned with everyone else's is just crazy. What a boring world we would live in if that were so.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

I watched this for a second time but in black & white and it seemed better. My problem is for me the jokes were so old I gowned more than I laughed but my young Asian boyfriend was laughing because he hasn't heard them. If you have the ability to turn you screen in B&W than watch the show, it really does take you back to the original.

Just to let you know when Svengoolie played the Munster movie that was in color I changed my tv screen to black & white and enjoyed the movie where I have watched the color version before and couldn't get connected.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

I don't like the guy who play's Herman's voice … To me it's just annoying

Also, by the clips that I've seen the movie seems boring and the jokes aren't funny

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                  I watched half an hour last night, and I think the internet needs to settle down.
                  We are living in the dystopian hellscape era of the cruelty is the point and rage sells. It's never enough to think "Wow, that sucks. Eh, whatever, life goes on I'll find something else to watch." You have to have a burning seething hatred of something that becomes an all-consuming point of your existence these days. It's crazy.
                  Last edited by Werewolf; Sep 28, '22, 4:32 PM.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                    I watched this for a second time but in black & white and it seemed better. My problem is for me the jokes were so old I gowned more than I laughed but my young Asian boyfriend was laughing because he hasn't heard them. If you have the ability to turn you screen in B&W than watch the show, it really does take you back to the original.

Just to let you know when Svengoolie played the Munster movie that was in color I changed my tv screen to black & white and enjoyed the movie where I have watched the color version before and couldn't get connected.
                    I really want to re-watch it in black and white. The one thing that really bothered me was the red and green lighting. I just don't know how to change my computer from color to greyscale.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                      I really want to re-watch it in black and white. The one thing that really bothered me was the red and green lighting. I just don't know how to change my computer from color to greyscale.
                      I googled it and watched a youtube video and it's really super easy. I'm going to watch a lot of stuff in greyscale now! I lived with black and white tv until I was 22 years old, so everything I watched on tv was always black and white. It's strange watching cartoons from back then in color...

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

Well, I can admit when I'm wrong. I was sure this would be a trainwreck and I'd hate it.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed it...not sure of my own reaction, I watched it a second time last night and liked it even more.
                        If fact, I loved it, and will be picking up the blu-ray.

I can totally see this movie gaining a cult following. Maybe a sequel isn't entirely off the table.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

I'd like to see a sequel get made. That would be really awesome.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I liked it! Is it great? No, but you can tell everyone is having fun, and myself and my daughter, who watched Munsters, Go Home none stop for a year when she was a toddler, did too.

It's probably a bit too long, and could have used a tighter cut, but it was just a nice, zany, Halloweeny experience. It was fun to see the nods to old Topstone masks, Leave It To Beaver (produced by the same folks as the original series) and of course the Universal Monsters.

I hope they do another one.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

i made it about 10 minutes in. it's like a really bad SNL skit

Comment

• Brown Bear
                                Still Old School
                                • Feb 14, 2008

I'm really rooting for these guys to be popular. Seems like such a passionate bunch making this project.
                                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎