Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unataper
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 8, 2007

I am glad to see that so many here liked Unbreakable as I have always thought it was his best film. But seriously, after paying full price for The Village....I Won't Get Fooled Again!!

Cecil
    For the rules of the road have been lodged, it's peoples games you have to dodge- Bob Dylan

Comment

• Vortigern99
      Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
      • Jul 2, 2006

I hated the Village the first time I saw it, but on second viewing I realized I was being too hard on it. It's actually a pretty intriguing little Twilight Zone-type story. Lady in the Water I found very amusing, not crappy at all like so many people seem to think, but rather self-consciously odd and certainly unique. I'll give Happening a chance after I see Hulk two or three or eight more times!

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Nothing personal, Vort...but...

Lady in the Water was one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my entire life.

Nothing but a self-serving flick to fill Shyamalahack's own ego...everytime he was on screen trying to act, I wanted to punch his face to a bloody pulp...oh I hate that flick with a passion...and don't get me started on that stupid lawn dog, or whatever the hell it was...argh.

The only other movie that's actually worse is Tom Green's Freddie Got Fingered...I just wanna punch Shyamalahack's face...but with Tom Green...I want to actually kill him.
        sigpic

Comment

• Danzvader78
          Museum Super Collector
          • May 12, 2008

I thought The Happening really sucks big time The story plot is really terrible Who ever heard of young kids getting shot with gunpowder and getting run over by a lawn mower monster IT can do better than that lol It will go flying zooming to the flop pile of DVD Movies soon on believe me

Comment

• Vortigern99
            Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
            • Jul 2, 2006

Yeah, Hec, I know, most people feel that way about Lady. It's just up to me to champion those ambitious Hollywood oddities that everyone else despises, like Ang Lee's HULK, Lady in the Water, Frank Oz's Little Shop of Horrors, and Attack of the Clones. Somehow I always end up fighting for the underdog! (But no, I haven't seen Underdog!)

Comment

• ramsey37
              • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by Vortigern99
              Yeah, Hec, I know, most people feel that way about Lady. It's just up to me to champion those ambitious Hollywood oddities that everyone else despises, like Ang Lee's HULK, Lady in the Water, Frank Oz's Little Shop of Horrors, and Attack of the Clones. Somehow I always end up fighting for the underdog! (But no, I haven't seen Underdog!)
              Who hates "Little Shop of Horrors"? I love that movie! Last Halloween it was part of my all-night monster movie marathon
              George

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

ahh.. it was alright for me,if I would've known what it was about I would'nt have gone to see it honestly,better wait for DVD

I actually like Unbreakable and signs,but I loved the 6th sense.Still one of my top horror flicks
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• YoungOnce
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 29, 2007

I went and saw The Happening. The dialogue was incredibally bad and I can't remember when I've seen a movie where the actors were so obviously "acting".

The story wasn't so bad... the creepy elements were well shot and executed. M. Night does have a unique grasp on horror and I enjoy his pacing and understatement but I just couldn't believe that those were the acting performances everybody wanted.

Comment

• Goblin19
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 2, 2002

Shyamalan would serve himself well by directing someone else's script. That is, if his ego isn't too big for that. It worrked well for Spike Lee with Inside Man.

Comment

• txteach
                      Banned
                      • Jun 17, 2005

This movie was just plain horrible. I wasted 2 hours I can never get back. Last time Nite conns me (first time was lady in the water).

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎