Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionic Joe
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 10, 2006

I'm from SOUTH NEW JERSEY and in the early 70s sat afternoon meant one thing DR Shock , Stella was in the mid 80s i believe

Comment

• REMOVED
      • Jun 5, 2024

Sir Graves...... I'm in Michigan too.... I want to do a custom of him....

Comment

• DocDrako
        Formerly Doc Drako
        • Nov 11, 2004

I can only remember Bob Wilkins, although he was on an Oakland/San Francisco station that we got in Reno. I guess that means he's not local, so please disregard this post.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• twilitezoner
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 18, 2007

I grew up watching Creature Double Feature on Channel 48 in Philadelphia.

Comment

• mitchedwards
            Mego Preservation Society
            • May 2, 2003

Robert Reaves was Dr shock on the local channel in Huntsville inthe 80's

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• Action Martin
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 30, 2007

I recall Chiller but I could swear that it was on WWOR ch. 9 not WPIX ch. 11. I don't recall any other horror hosts.
              Scott

Comment

• saildog
                Permanent Member
                • Apr 9, 2006

Count Gregore in Oklahoma City.

He has been hosting for fifty years now! Still going strong at age 80.
                Count Gregore's Site

Actor John Ferguson first appeared as television's beloved horror host Count Gregore on May 10, 1958 as Shock Theatre premiered on WKY-TV in Oklahoma City. Considered the longest-running horror host in the world, John Ferguson continues to delight audiences on screen, stage, and public appearances as the Count or one of his diverse characters (see next note! — E-gor). John's love of children and acting has aided him in becoming an Oklahoma icon and cherished memory in the hearts and minds of millions of fans.
                E-gor's Chamber of TV Horror Hosts — List of Names starting with C
                (PS this site has an index of TV Horror Host!!!)
                Last edited by saildog; Jun 14, '08, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• unataper
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 8, 2007

Originally posted by Godzilla
                  In Indiana we had Sammy Terry. He's in his 70s now but still does con appearences.
                  Yeah, the past 2 HorrorHound Conventions in Indy, he has been there in full make-up. The lines for pictures and autographs with him are as long as the modern horror stars.

Cecil
                  For the rules of the road have been lodged, it's peoples games you have to dodge- Bob Dylan

Comment

• BrianAlbright
                    • Oct 3, 2007

I grew up watching Fritz the Nite Owl on Channel 10 in Columbus. Not only did he host a Friday night "Double Chiller" double feature, but he actually hosted regular movies all week long. He also did live commentary (into the wee hours of the morning) during the commercial breaks -- he'd do the weather report, read viewer letters, talk about the movie, etc.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                      • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                      Here in Jersey it was Dr Shock.
                      I vaguely recall the good Dr. (I used to watch Creature Features on Channel 5 out of NYC, and Monster Week on the ABC 4:30 Movie), but I used to catch Stella, and while I was in college, I'd watch Commander USA's Groovie Movies ("Commander USA, Legion of Decency, retired").

I get Cablevision out here, and I used to watch the public access channel, where I'd catch some of the current horror movie folks like the Bone Jangler, Halloween Jack, etc. Man, we DESPERATELY need some horror hosts nowadays!
                      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Edgaar
                        Museum Patron
                        • Dec 7, 2007

Doctor Shock - Philadelphia PA
                        Edgaar
                        Delaware (no really... Delaware)

* Not sure where I'm going - but I'm pretty sure where I've been....
                        * not mego - but my customs - http://www.toymania.com/custom/Galle...ar/edgaar1.htm

sigpic

Comment

• justzeg18
                          Career Member
                          • May 5, 2003

Detroit has a new horror host: Wolfman Mac.

Wolfman Macs Nightmare SINema airs Saturdays at midnight on MyTv20 out of Detroit.

Wolfman Mac's Nightmare Sinema - Classic B-Horror, Sci Fi movies, local bands, zany skits and other schlock!

He's an awesome guy with a great crew. He's working with a few people who lent a hand on the Ghoul

Although I haven't been able to see the show (local comcast doesn't carry the channel) he invited 2 friends and I out to a tapping. Great time, great people.

Super Fun!

Check him out, let him know what you think.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 28, 2006

Elvira.....Mmmmm.
                            Not much else to say really she was the only host I ever remember.
                            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by DocDrako
                              I can only remember Bob Wilkins, although he was on an Oakland/San Francisco station that we got in Reno. I guess that means he's not local, so please disregard this post.

Yes, I love Bob Wilkins, he's an institution here.

John Stanley who took over his show, sadly reports that Bob Wilkins now has Alzheimer's disease...what a bummer, man.

He is truly one of the originals, baby...he still has a devoted site:

BOB WILKINS - CREATURE FEATURES HOST

Here are all the big boys of Creature Features...and Bob Wilkins is there:

Creature Features - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is him now, physically in good shape:

On a side note, I was on the actual set of Creature Features...but with the host John Stanley...not Bob Wilkins.

Last edited by Hector; Jul 17, '08, 12:43 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
                                Alan Scott is the best GL
                                • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by type1kirk
                                STELLA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of --------

Saturday Night DEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!

YouTube - Saturday Night Dead Intro

Also

CHILLER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YouTube - Chiller Theater Intro- WPIX-TV NewYork

m
                                Stella was a hot one when I was 11

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎