Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toyman
    Just Another Collector
    • Sep 1, 2008

"All a dream" is what I was going for, Filmed while Carl and everyone was first starting out and young.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by drquest
      Or Carl waking up from his afternoon nap....
      ...after having eaten a jumbo-sized can of pudding!
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

All the producers have said it's not Ricks coma dream.

Now, could it have been the plan when Darabont was producer? Sure. But Kirkman...

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

...or yours truly waking up with Maggie on my left...and Rosita on my right...

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
            ...or yours truly waking up with Maggie on my left...and Rosita on my right...

that would be the coma dream.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

No, I've been in a six week medical self-induced coma, and let me tell...no sweet dreams, nothing but terrifying and depressing nightmares, I kid you not...

But hey, it's okay to be ignorant on the subject, lol...
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Sasha is hot too...

Tonight's episode was by far the best of the season...Ricky and company finally fighting back...

...and Shiva was friggin awesome, pretty impressive Motion-Capture/CGI, especially for TV.
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

...and wow...Michonne was getting her butt royally kicked...that was one tough Amazon she was fighting..
                  sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

so did I miss something? when did they do away with Gregory? I mean last week he is contemplating stabbing Maggie in the back and then this week just passing mention that he is gone and Maggie is in charge

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      so did I miss something? when did they do away with Gregory? I mean last week he is contemplating stabbing Maggie in the back and then this week just passing mention that he is gone and Maggie is in charge
                      I think you missed it. Last weeks episode he yelled at one of his guys to pack a bag and said you're driving me somewhere. Which meant the Sanctuary.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

Yeah, that was really drawn out and melodramatic. The end shot is literally three people grandstanding.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is really...not good in this part. He's like a villain from Pirates o/t Carribean or my favorite, Post-Apocalypse Fonzie. I can't blame him totally.

The garbagebag gang swerve was meh. Terminus was still more threatening than the Saviors.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

I laughed when the tiger conveniently attacked the generic guy even though Negan was standing right next to him, talking and making movements with the bat

Who writes this stuff ?

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

I've not read any of TWD, whether it be in floppy format or compilation form, so what know about certain characters/groups is largely from hearsay and random references here and there. That being said, I didn't trust the "Garbagepail Gang" from the outset (and neither should have Rick). Then, in last week's episode when Negan mentions "a little bird" telling him about Rick's plan, I kinda figured it had to be the GG.

It was good to FINALLY see Rick and company take some action against The Saviors, but were it not for The Kingdom (go Shiva!) and The Hilltop, Rick and company would have been looking at yet another bloodbath on the part of his people.

As it is, seeing all the "troops" Negan has, as well as his alliance(?) with the GG, Rick and the others are going to have to come up with either much more massive numbers or weapons of greater power to take down The Saviors. Plus, now that Alexandria, The Hilltop and The Kingdom have played their cards, what's to stop Negan from sending heavily armed contingents into all three communities and just wiping them out one by one?
                            Last edited by emeraldknight47; Apr 3, '17, 11:25 AM.
                            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• drquest
                              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                              • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                              I've not read any on TWD, whether it be in floppy format or compilation form, so what know about certain characters/groups is largely from hearsay and random references here and there. That being said, I didn't trust the "Garbagepail Gang" from the outset (and neither should have Rick), and then in last week's episode when Negan mention "a little bird" telling him about Rick's plan, I kinda figured it had to be the GG.

It was good to FINALLY see Rick and company take some action against The Saviors, but were it not for The Kingdom (go Shiva!) and The Hilltop, Rick and company would have been looking at yet another bloodbath on the part of his people.

As it is, seeing all the "troops" Negan has, as well as his alliance(?) with the GG, Rick and the others are going to have to come up with either much more massive numbers or weapons of greater power to take down The Saviors. Plus, now that Alexandria, The Hilltop and The Kingdom have played their cards, what's to stop Negan from sending heavily armed contingents into all three communities and just wiping them out one by one?
                              I assume the Oceanside people will join as well.

The episode wasn't great, and they telegraphed it weeks ago that Sasha was going away, but I thought there might be others. Oh well.... what's another 6 months to wait right? I hope the writers can do something better in season 8.
                              Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Retro shirts and stuff
                              More retro shirts
                              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• rykerw1701
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by hedrap
                                Yeah, that was really drawn out and melodramatic. The end shot is literally three people grandstanding.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is really...not good in this part. He's like a villain from Pirates o/t Carribean or my favorite, Post-Apocalypse Fonzie. I can't blame him totally.

The garbagebag gang swerve was meh. Terminus was still more threatening than the Saviors.
                                I agree. I liked him alright in the Watchmen, which I didn't like much as a movie. But he's a complete caricature here, from the swagger to the speech pattern to the constant smirk. And he's shot far too often upwards to make him look theoretically larger and more menacing. All he's missing is holding a light under his chin to look more spooky. The dialog he's given isn't much, but he certainly hasn't made it any better with his interpretation. I find I want him killed off, not because I hate the character, but because I'm tired of it.

The last episode was just OK. We've been building up towards it since the end of last season, and the payoff off didn't warrant that investment. Obviously the big death was Sasha and that was hardly a surprise. Maggie's speech at the end left me flat. It was a fitting end to the worst season of the series. Maybe this episode will be better in hindsight once we start next season.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎