X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Hedji
    "Rick-tatorship" LOL, Gorn Captain. Love it.
    I've been planning one for years....

Rik.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

Yep, sums it up quite nicely!

Originally posted by Iron Mego
      Daryl should have plowed through those bikers.
      Someone should have shot the Wolf, Nurse Jackie-girl be-damned.
      Carl should have taken out that jerk, and the younger one for good measure.
      They should have exiled Morgan awhile back. He has no place in a group setting.

To me these are all poor writing decisions which insult the intelligence of the audience. When characters behave in a manner contrary to their previous actions the show becomes disingenuous.
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Carl has changed over the seasons. Remember that episode, maybe season 2, when he made his first human kill when the guy wouldn't hand his gun over? Carl's trigger-happy lack of morality was called into question by Herschel at the time, and they almost planted the seed that he could go Dark Side. Not so much anymore. He seems to be pretty forgiving with a strong moral compass for an adolescent.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
          I agree that there is no progress, and they keep showing us possible bridges to progress, (such as Deanna's inspiration and revised map and Morgan's zen philosophy and martial arts training) only to then blow up those bridges and show that they don't work. Nothing works.

Perhaps that's the point, but it's starting to lose my interest.
          The irony of it all? The more control Kirkman gets, the more meh the results.

Comment

• YoungOnce
            Career Member
            • Aug 29, 2007

At first I thought that Daryl and gang should have barreled through the road block but then I remembered that they were in a loaded fuel truck and the "road block" was heavily armed.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• fallensaviour
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by samurainoir
                I know what's next.....muwahahahaha
                The next half of the season is going to be stellar.
                They are following the comics pretty close right now.
                Take me out to the........
                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

Dang it's going to be a long haul until Walking Dead comes back in 2016. I have the comic to look forward to, but I thinK i'm going to take the plunge with the novels on my reading pile. I've already read the first two detailing the Rise of the Governor. Looks like there are three for me to get through.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Wolverine1969
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 7, 2005

New episodes this Sunday!
                    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched the new episode and have a question ...

All the bad words were dubbed out to just silence.

Did this happen around the whole country ? ... and if so, why would AMC make a show that needs to be edited for language on their own channel ?

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Mikey
                        Just watched the new episode and have a question ...

All the bad words were dubbed out to just silence.

Did this happen around the whole country ? ... and if so, why would AMC make a show that needs to be edited for language on their own channel ?
                        That is odd. Not here. The opening seen about "when you gotta eat ____, best not to nibble" used the S-word.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Great friggin episode!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

That bit at the truck really took me by surprise. Gabriel manning up was nice to see. Glenn is just one lucky sob. Jesse & Sam...that was on Rick. Instead of getting them to safety first, he decides to push his luck, obviously another bad decision. And how long does it take to cross the street anyway? Half a day? They started in daylight and then it was nighttime!
                            Hopefully Morgan got the message on saving scumbags, but I doubt it.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

So... the zombies will just WALK into a fire and "kill" themselves? It's taken six seasons to realize this? At any point, all the characters needed to do was set a big fire and leave and zombies will walk into it like some kind of bug zapper?

I hated that part and it not only destroyed an otherwise good episode but it also undermined their entire zombie mythology and how the characters have been handling the zombies so far.

I will be surprised if the characters realize this and use it again. I feel it was a giant misstep.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                                And how long does it take to cross the street anyway? Half a day? They started in daylight and then it was nighttime!
                                That was sloppy. The whole bit about Sam calling for his mom in the mid-season finale was basically ignored too. I suspect they originally planned that moment to play out right then... but then realized they needed to film this all at night if the fire scene was going to work.

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                                Hopefully Morgan got the message on saving scumbags, but I doubt it.
                                Well, if you look at it the other way... Evil Wolf Dude did show a little humanity in trying to defend Dr. Denise. So maybe Morgan was right that he could be redeemed, if given the chance? I think reality lies somewhere between the polar extreme viewpoints of Carol and Morgan.

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                                So... the zombies will just WALK into a fire and "kill" themselves? It's taken six seasons to realize this?
                                They have shown zombies drawn to their death by fire before, but I agree... This will be one of those incredibly useful tricks that they will never speak of again (until they write themselves into a corner and need it). Much like the zombie camouflage...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎