X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
    How did he get toys from 2013 if the zombie apocalypse started in 2010?
    Perhaps a cross Scottish man in a blue box brought them to him?
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Sam, I hate that kid..."mom, mom...", like Jason Alexander said in Talking Dead..."the kid deserves to die, I'd kill him myself", lol...
      sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I find it very hard to believe that kid would have the very old 78rpm version of Tiptoe rather than the more popular Tiny Tim version.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

I think it's pretty clear that kid has not only time travel powers, but he can also dimension hop. How else would he have figures from comic con three years in the future? The problem is: his powers only work while "tiptoe thru the tulips" is playing.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I'm just wondering if the whole Tiptoe Through the Tulips thing is going to be a new trend in the series ?

We all know it was a joke to what they're attempting at the end.

Next, will we hear Drive My Car when they're driving ?

How about Kung Fu Fighting when Morgan does his thing ?

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

I agree with some of what this article states, plus the readers' comments below...

Two conclusions to reach after watching the season-six mid-season finale of The Walking Dead: First, Glenn coming back from certain death turned out to be a good indication of how absurdly, arrogantly manipulative this show has become. Second, if covering yourself in zombie guts is so effective as walking-dead-repellent, why in the world doesn’t everyone walk around smeared with the stuff 24-7?

KennyKenny2 hours ago
              Seriously, I am getting sick of the show.
              First off, I never read the graphic novels, and I know there is a lot of material there for the producers to adapt from, but they are moving far too slow in the TV series. I'm not going to keep watching this show just because some new characters from the novels "are coming soon" or are "hinted to be" in the new season, etc. There is barely enough action or drama to keep me watching the characters that are here.
              Second, ever since the Governor killed off the soldiers who crashed their helicopter in season 3, it's like no one cares about the search for answers to any of this crap. We get a small tease from Eugene in Season 4 like he knows what's going on, but since no one ever bothered to question what he knew, we the viewers know he is lying from about his second appearance on. And NO, I'm NOT going to start watching Fear the Walking Dead for answers. That is a cheap ploy by AMC to milk fans for more viewership (as if forcing Into the Badlands viewing for episode previews was bad enough).
              Third, ENOUGH WITH THE KIDS. I am so sick and tired of the stupid kids killing my ability to suspend my disbelief for the show. Judith, Enid, Ron and Sam all need to die. Yes I said JUDITH needs to go. I know from friends that she has long been dead in the novels, and it would only make sense that she ceases to exist in the TV show. This is the most quiet baby I have ever seen, only making noise during broad daylight when no walkers are around. And amazingly every community seems to have enough diapers, baby food, and meds for this ONE baby, even though no one else in the community ever has an infant of their own.
              And if that weren't worse enough, Glenn and Maggie are expecting. UGH.
              This show needs to get back to the REAL suspense and search for answers from Season 1, or I am done with this series after this season. I'm getting very bored with the zombies only serving as plot convenience in between feuds with human gangs that are not explained well in addition to the lack of common sense anyone seems to possess in this damn show.
              Smarten' up AMC.
              Hide Replies (1)Reply62
              AndrewAndrew14 minutes ago
              I kinda agree. It's still my favorite show of all time, but this episode kinda bugged me. Why are people tripping all the time on dry ground? Why is Morgan keeping a wolf pet? Why is he fighting Carol over him? Why did he leave Denise alone with him? Why didn't someone tell Sam to shut up before they left? Why does Darryl stop the truck instead of RPGing their butt? Why does Tara (who can headshot zombies while hanging off the fence) all of sudden have trouble with putting a bullet between the eyes of the wolf standing still 10 feet in front of her? Why leave a baby alone with someone ready to turn at any moment? Why doesn't Eugene have at least some self-preservation instinct in him? And so on, and so on

Comment GuidelinesPost
              JohnJohn2 hours ago
              The show is really losing it's way… I am so sick and tired of all of these extremely weak an stupid characters
              --both of the sons of Jessie are just too much, the crybaby younger Sam… he's crying for his mother while they are walking through zombies…. the older son Ron is just an idiot…. I'm not usually into seeing kids get killed but these two need to be done….
              --Enid is another character that I can't stand… she's so defeats….
              --Morgan's character so intent on not killing that he gets people killed…. how stupid is that…
              Season 6 should be the end of the walking dead if this is the best these writers can do….
              Reply51
              KathleenKathleen2 hours ago
              What yawn of a season this has been. The only excitement was if Glenn was killed off or not. Which just made you angry. I can't think of any other aspect of this season that was remotely interesting. So sick of them killing off characters last year and then replacing them with idiot characters we don't care about. There is so much material they could be using from the comics and they stick with the same old storylines with different locations.
              Reply11
              mrmustang1944mrmustang194417 minutes ago
              "Arrogantly manipulative, jerked around, and teases." Those words sum up "The Walking Dead." Conceptually, it's getting woefully long in the tooth, no pun intended. "The herd" is composed not of zombies but of noncritical viewers who week after week anoint the hoary show with fulsome praise. More critical viewers would have "*****-canned" this show a long time ago.

I was really disappointed with this mid season finale (especially the last scene). Seriously, if smearing yourself with Walker blood and guts fends off the dead, why not use this tactic more often? Sure, it smells horrible, but it sure saves your life, lol...
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
                I find it very hard to believe that kid would have the very old 78rpm version of Tiptoe rather than the more popular Tiny Tim version.
                It's hard to believe that he would have either version. Like Jason Alexander said in Talking a Dead...why not a Beatles or Stones record instead, lol.
                sigpic

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

That crap with the Wolf was infuriating. Any one of them could have taken him out with one shot.
                  Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2013

I wont lie, I loved the ants coming in the window and eating the cookie while the music was playing. I know that you arent supposed to read too deeply into the logic of some of the actions of the people, but honestly, does anyone not know there are attics in virtually every house, and that would have been a better place to put the children? At least they could have mentioned why that idea was canned.
                    I did find it funny that Kirkman brought up 100 issues of a comic as a time people would consider dropping a title, as I noticed last night that they intertwine the stories on the show so well that it is difficult to find a spot to pull the pin as a viewer.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

After Glenn's "death" things unraveled quickly. Too many cute games by AMC. Obvious that Negan post-credit was supposed to be the actual episode end, but they wanted the quarter-ratings bump for Badlands.

It's becoming very Lost which is not good. Somehow, Negan isn't until the end if the season. Like last ep end. Have fun dragging that out.

If they make it 9 seasons now, I'll be shocked. I can see AMC jamming S9 into 7 and 8, which is what Lost had to do when people started tapping out. I think we're going to see a shocking mid-season return drop in viewership.

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

With the viewership they have they will be making plenty more Walking dead seasons.

I personally like the show, but I don't like every character, and don't like every character's decisions either. Personally I wish every episode could be 1 1/2 hours, that would allow for more storytelling. Yes, storytelling... Not every second needs to be filled with Walkers and bullets and blood. I don't want to be watching Michael Bays version of The Walking Dead. This first half a season brought several storytelling episodes, and plenty of action too. All we saw, happened during a 2-3 day'ish time frame in their time line. They sort of had to do it that way, based on how they were hopping around with the other characters and spending extra time with them and I didn't mind it.

Glenn's deal, well in due time... I think the creators are messing around with both the people that read the graphic novels and the non readers with that one. He's popular and I'm glad he's still around as I like his character. Morgan has good intentions, but it's killing people and Rick won't have much sympathy for that once he finds out all of the details.

I really liked the opening with Sam and the music and the ants, again, storytelling in action there. Having him saying mom several times while strolling through the walkers was pretty funny I thought.

AMC is obviously trying to ride TWD's coat tails with Into the Bandlands. I've been watching it and I kind of like it so far, so for me to hang around and watch it for the other 2 minutes of the next episode was fine to me but I can see why some might not like that, but isn't that why we have DVR's and such?
                        Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

If you look at the series as a whole I think it's becoming redundant.

When this happens your better quality shows will end on top (see most British TV series) --- but it looks like WD will play it out for all it's worth.

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

Good read along this thread…

Glenn finally cuts Enid loose after another hour of not making it back to the suburban utopia? Goodness, that was poorly contrived given the previous shenanigans.

Sam & Ron must die! Carl, w-the-f! Deanna didn't die soon enough. Lots of surrendering moments along the way, except for Carol, she still works.

I like a blend of storytelling and action too, but the unravelling (insert dumb character(s)/character decision(s) of your liking here) of a compelling balance is all too evident at this point. No holiday break for this creative team…*get back to work!

Oh and that 30 seconds on an LA airplane mess needs to stop too.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                              That crap with the Wolf was infuriating. Any one of them could have taken him out with one shot.
                              At this point, I want Morgan dead. I was sooooo hoping Carol would've knifed him to death.

...and yes...they could've easily taken out the Wolf...but instead, like monumental idiots...they lay down their guns for someone they didn't even know...that chick from Nurse Jackie, lol...
                              sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                                • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector
                                At this point, I want Morgan dead. I was sooooo hoping Carol would've knifed him to death.

...and yes...they could've easily taken out the Wolf...but instead, like monumental idiots...they lay down their guns for someone they didn't even know...that chick from Nurse Jackie, lol...
                                I think had it been Rick, Carol, Daryl, Sasha or Abraham on the other end of the Wolf, he would be dead. Heck Judith probably would have taken him out LOL....
                                Danny(Drquest)
                                Captain Action HQ
                                Retro shirts and stuff
                                More retro shirts
                                Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡