X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Tongue cutting scene from The Mummy

I remember as a kid being creeped out by this scene. When I recently started looking for it to see it again, I ran across lists of deleted scenes from different sites and they all mention the tongue cutting scene. Was it cut-out (no pun intended) from the Hammer version, or was it from some other Mummy movie?

1. An extended “knife in neck/snake bite” scene from THE REPTILE (this is thought to exist, but no known evidence).

2. The “eyeball” scene from THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN (this footage definitely exists somewhere).

3. The “head in acid bath” scene from THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN (this scene may not have been filmed, though stills exist).

4. The “under-dressed maidens” in the flashback procession from THE MUMMY (this scene may not have been filmed, though stills exist).

5. The “tongue-cutting” and/or the “tongue wriggling” from THE MUMMY (these are thought to exist, but no known evidence).

6. An extended “glass-in-throat” from FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL (apparently exists on a Dutch laser disc).

7. An extended “body falling into grave” from FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL (apparently exists on a Dutch laser disc).

8. An extended fight scene from RASPUTIN THE MAD MONK (definitely filmed, but no known surviving materials).

9. An extended more explicit version of THE VIKING QUEEN (some evidence, but nothing definite).

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • MysteryWho
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 16, 2008

Don't forget the original Dracula crumbling effect from Horror of Dracula! There is an extended version of that scene that was recently restored to the film.
    It was found in Tokyo. So any of these other scenes could be lurking, just like the lost Doctor Who stuff, in some dusty room. I do know that the stills aren't always part of the finished product, they are just photos taken of the cast, sometimes during the filming process, and are for promotion. They aren't usually actual frames from the film. Meanwhile, Hammer always made more that one version of the gorier and sexier sequences. This "continental" version often contained extra nudity and gore that suited the tastes of wherever the film was being marketed. I know that the newest incarnation of Hammer studios is hoping to re-released more complete versions of the films as they become available.

Comment

• jds1911a1
      Alan Scott is the best GL
      • Aug 8, 2007

I would assume these are referrences to theh 90's film w brendan fraser

Comment

• YoungOnce
        Career Member
        • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by jds1911a1
        I would assume these are referrences to theh 90's film w brendan fraser
        Yes... Nothing like those great Hammer films with. Mr Cushing, Mr lee and Mr Fraser!

Comment

• jds1911a1
          Alan Scott is the best GL
          • Aug 8, 2007

If you read jb's post he was asking if it was hammer or some other mummy, I am voting on the latter becuase the american with the glasses does get his toungue cut out and in the flashback all the maidens were in body paint

I am by no means an expert it just seesm to fit more than the hammer for me

Comment

• YoungOnce
            Career Member
            • Aug 29, 2007

Sorry... I was sure that you were just making a Brandon Frazer joke. I assumed that because the OP listed a long list of Hammer flicks that he was asking about Hammer's mummy.

Too, he said he remembered the scene as a kid. I guess I assume everyone's as old as me!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎