X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Maniac (2012)

I just watched this flick with Elijah Wood and whoa, super disturbing. The atmosphere and music was great. The movie shoots from Wood' character' field of view so it is a bit different, but it worked for me. I just read it is the same director as High Tension. I could have sworn I saw Greg Nicotero' name listed in the credits but I don't see it on IMDB.

• weshightower21
    Museum Super Collector
    • Sep 16, 2011

Alexandre Aja only wrote this movie. I was never a fan of the original "Maniac" starring Joe Spinelli. It's considered a "cult classic" but i just didn't dig it.
    It's a pretty filthy movie but it does capture that grittiness of 70's NYC as did Willam Freidkans "Cruising".

Comment

• weshightower21
      Museum Super Collector
      • Sep 16, 2011

Maniac

Alexandre Aja only wrote this movie. I was never a fan of the original "Maniac" starring Joe Spinelli. It's considered a "cult classic" but i just didn't dig it.
      It's a pretty filthy movie but it does capture that grittiness of 70's NYC as did Willam Freidkans "Cruising".

Comment

• weshightower21
        Museum Super Collector
        • Sep 16, 2011

Sorry about the double post.

Comment

• Iron Mego
          Wake Up Heavy
          • Jan 31, 2010

I enjoyed this to an extent. The effects were pretty doggone amazing (Nicotero), but the POV got old for me. It can be done very effectively, as in The Silence of the Lambs, without having the whole movie shot that way.
          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• weshightower21
            Museum Super Collector
            • Sep 16, 2011

That's how the original was. One of my favorite pov shots is definitely the opening of "Halloween".

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎