X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Power Records Monster Podcast

Our own Rob (namtab29) Kelly has posted another Power Records entry of the Fire and Water podcast, and was kind enough to ask me to join in on the fun! Rob and I discuss Power Records' "A Story of Dracula, The Wolfman, and Frankenstein" and "Man-Thing: Night of the Laughing Dead". These are two that have to be heard to be believed. Marvel at what passed for children's entertainment in the free-wheeling 70s! We touch upon Universal and Hammer tropes, how scary clowns can be, and I even reveal what a wiener I was as a kid.

This is the first "solo" Power Records show, with it's own opening, etc. Rob plans more to come, and has asked me to join him from time to time, so keep your ears peeled!

All About the King of the Seven Seas--Aquaman!

Checkout the full domain details of Namtab.com. Click Buy Now to instantly start the transaction or Make an offer to the seller!

Chris
    sigpic
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Is the Man Thing one where the clown kills himself? I have to check this out.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Yes. Clown suicide is on tap. Domestic violence. Death by car wreck. Manhandling of a corpse. It's all kinds of wrong, but fun to listen to, and dissect!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

I didn't own the Man-Thing record as a kid, but a friend did. All it took was one play through, and it was unforgettable. That is the kind of stuff that burned itself into my young mind. Shivers!

I will definitely give this a listen. As a HUGE Power Records fan, I would be delighted to be involved with an upcoming episode. (Here is my collection: http://megomuseum.com/community/show...rds-Collection )

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Yes! I remember you posting your great collection. I think you'll enjoy this episode. All of Rob's Power Records shows have been fun. I was a guest on the "Robin Meets Man-Bat"/"The Man From Krypton" episode a few months back as well, so I got to really go on and on about how much I loved those two as a kid.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Awesome. Off to download it now!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢