• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RottingDead
    Museum Super Collector
    • Dec 27, 2012

The Evil Dead Reboot

I am anxiously awaiting this film.
    First a little background,I'm a huge Horror fanatic,not a fan of PG 13 Horror and not big on remakes.
    But something tells Me this one is going to be good.
    Whats Your thoughts on this one?
    Have heard so many people complaining that with no Bruce Campbell or Ash character in it,they refuse to see it,but....how do you Guys feel about it?
    Warning:This is the brand new 2nd trailer,Very Graphic.
  • RottingDead
    Museum Super Collector
    • Dec 27, 2012

Also,more food for thought,some of the responses are brilliant too:
    FilmDistrict's new Evil Dead is one of the most important genre films in the past few years. It's one that could make or break what kind of movies studios

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

I've kind of lost my taste for hardcore gore. It was the combination of horror and humor that made the original appealing to me. They're playing the reboot really straight without the humor to tone it down a bit. Evil Dead was scary, but Raimi always made it a bit absurd and surreal.

But I'm sure this new version will appeal to modern audiences. It looks quite effective.
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• domino
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 16, 2007

I love the originals but I don't know about this one. It looks like it could be interesting, and I will watch it on DVD, but I am not getting my hopes up. I am just so down on all these remakes. At least Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi are producers on this.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, it doesn't look like a bad modern horror film....but it looks like EVERY modern horror film. Evil Dead's quirky nature really made it stand out from the pack. Even the first one had a bit of it, although it was far more straight than the sequels.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• RottingDead
            Museum Super Collector
            • Dec 27, 2012

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
            I've kind of lost my taste for hardcore gore. It was the combination of horror and humor that made the original appealing to me. They're playing the reboot really straight without the humor to tone it down a bit. Evil Dead was scary, but Raimi always made it a bit absurd and surreal.

But I'm sure this new version will appeal to modern audiences. It looks quite effective.
            Im sure with Sam Riami still involved,there will be some attempts at humor in the newest version.
            Case in point "Drag me to Hell".
            Lets hope for the best.

Comment

• RottingDead
              Museum Super Collector
              • Dec 27, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              Yeah, it doesn't look like a bad modern horror film....but it looks like EVERY modern horror film. Evil Dead's quirky nature really made it stand out from the pack. Even the first one had a bit of it, although it was far more straight than the sequels.

Chris
              I have heard this before that it looks like every new Horror film,but some of the things I have noticed and read about:
              There are scenes from a motorcycle to represent the Evil moving in the woods which would make one think that all the crazy camera angles and sight gags will still be present and the fact that Bruce Campbell has gone on record to say its not a CGI fest,makes me think it will differ from every other cookie cutter PG13 film being released today.

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I'm curious; but for me it's a case of "if it 'aint broke, don't fix it." The originals are fine, there's no reason for a redo.... especially if you're NOT gonna use modern effects. So.... it's a remake, made in the same way as the original, sticking closely to the story of the original....

Don C.

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

holy crap
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• fallensaviour
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 28, 2006

I'm on board for this one.If Raimi and Campbell are attached to it I feel confident they will do it justice.The source material is after all their baby.
                    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• babycyclops
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 9, 2010

I really enjoyed Drag Me to Hell, and am very interested in this.
                      I think Raimi and co created a classic horror scenario with the Evil Dead and a remake using the latest scare techniques will be a blast.
                      That trailer is gory and I look forward to being grossed out by supernatural/Lovecraftian film as opposed to the usual cheap torture themes that many films have used of late.

Comment

• Orlock
                        Megohead Superdad
                        • Feb 15, 2010

Just saw this trailer the other day with TC3D and it looks amazing. Can't wait!
                        My Art/Photography Page For Commissions
                        T-Shirts, Prints, and More for Sale
                        My Personal Facebook

Comment

• alex
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 15, 2009

Wow, that trailer was gory, I always enjoyed the third installment of evil dead. There was actually two endings to it.

Comment

• megoapesnut
                            The name says it all!
                            • Dec 3, 2007

I have never been a fan of gore and have lost any taste for it over the years. Horror, yes. Gore, no. My favorite horror movie, if not my favorite movie of all time is the original Halloween. No gore. The horror is conveyed to us without it and it's very effective. This will not be something I watch.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I have no interest in gore fests either...and I never really did, honestly. I think this looks like a missed opportunity to steer horror in a different direction. From here it looks like the road must traveled of late.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎