X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

Pleasantly Pleased with ParaNorman

Not sure if ParaNorman really a horror movie, but it does have ghosts, zombies and witches. It's also a pretty fun movie that looks great in 3D. It really should have been released in late September or October as a Halloween film. Heck, maybe it will be rushed to DVD in time for Halloween. It's got a nice little nod to Sixth Sense early in the film. The plot has a Ray Bradbury-type feel to it.
  • Brazoo
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 14, 2009

Is this the only ParaNorman thread?! Crazy!

It looks incredible! They seem to have taken stop-motion to a whole other level - I had to tell friends of mine who are into stop-motion that it wasn't CG. My nieces love the ads, so hopefully I'll be able to take them to see it soon.

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

I really liked it too. It had a Goonies vibe to it.

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

I'm looking forward to seeing it with the kids. The studio that made it (and Coraline) is very close to where I work, which is kind of neat.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
          Mighty Man/Monster Maker
          • Aug 14, 2007

I'm really excited to see it, too. I'm glad to hear it is good. My kids want to see it as well, might be the first movie that I take them to that I can stand.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
          https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

My son and I saw the preview when we went to see Madagascar 3. I want to see it, but my son thought it looked too scary, so I guess I'll have to wait until it comes out on video. (I really liked Coraline).

Comment

• Jerry68
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 12, 2008

Took the Family yesterday to see this. very nice movie. good message, funny, just a good time.
              sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

My 10 year old son and I went and saw this today. We enjoyed it quite a bit! It was fun to watch and I love stop motion so it was a treat for me.
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                  Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                  • Aug 14, 2007

Just saw it with my seven-year-old and four-year-old, they loved it. I was worried they might freak out from the scary bits, but it was fun-scary. Very cool movie. Darker than I would have guessed, which pleased me to no end.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                  https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎