Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dark Shadow
    Creature Of The Night
    • May 14, 2011

I see the scenes (listed previously) as more Seth Rogen than I do classic Burton. "She looked scared to me" is classic Burton in my book. Panties on the face, boobie jokes and a long forked tongue ring much closer to Airplane, Naked Gun, Scary Movie & Pirate sequels from my perspective.

That is where we differ on this particular topic.

Can't help but wonder if Barnabas will fart at the dinner table and if the rest of the family will giggle with him or at him?

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
      Burton and Depp never disappointed me....as a Huge fan of DS I'm so there......
      ^ What he said
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• artskull
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 14, 2010

Interested to see it but not getting my hopes up. Was expecting something more in the "Sleepy Hollow" / classic Hammer films vein, but the trailer doesn't seem to point in that direction.
        --
        ArtSkull: Graphic Design & Illustration

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I hear the second trailer (For Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter) is far less comedic.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• vulcan2074
            Live Long and Prosper
            • Mar 23, 2008

I'll watch it for sure.
            Sammy

Comment

• Figuremod73
              That 80's guy
              • Jul 27, 2011

Finally saw a commercial for DS on tv. (I hadnt read this thread or knew about the comedic content).

VERY disappointed. This could have been a great film series.

Comment

• spacecaps
                Second Mouse
                • Aug 24, 2011

I am digging the POP Art style billboards they put up for this film though. Very retro and cool. I still say the movie looks like garbage though but my 6 year old wants to see it big time so I guess we'll go.
                "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I gotta say, I’m pretty torn on this one. The bits on the ad are kinda funny, even if they are different from the spirit of the original. But I can see why they’d go the comedy route: the original was a vampire soap opera, and these days there are SO MANY vampire soap operas a straight-up Dark Shadows movie would feel really, REALLY repetitive.

Don C.

Comment

• spacecaps
                    Second Mouse
                    • Aug 24, 2011

The flip side to that is so many Soap Opera/Drama TV shows made into movies get turned into comedies.
                    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I'm going to hold my final judgement until I see it, but I was hoping this movie might turn the tide of vampire fiction back to the gothic side of things. A straight, gothic vampire movie would actually be an anomaly in today's market, with Twilight offering teen romance versions, and Underworld mixing vampires with Matrix style action.

To say I was disappointed upon seeing the trailer is an understatement. It still may be a good, enjoyable movie, but it isn't the one I was looking forward to.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
                        Career Member
                        • May 14, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                        I hear the second trailer (For Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter) is far less comedic.
                        I'm about halfway through the book and I'm liking it better than I thought I would.
                        Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                          Creature Of The Night
                          • May 14, 2011

E2C - Definitely not the movie I was anticipating either...however...WB has released some official clips that have me feeling a little more hopeful about the over all tone of the finished product.

Follow the link for The Dark Shadows News Page and check out the entry for Saturday, April 28, 2012...it has direct links for each of the (in context) movie clips.

News and information on the classic gothic soap opera Dark Shadows starring Jonathan Frid, and its feature film remake from Tim Burton starring Johnny Depp.

Great site for keeping up with all things DS (Thanks to Stuart Manning!)
                          Last edited by Dark Shadow; Apr 30, '12, 4:09 PM.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                            Creature Of The Night
                            • May 14, 2011

Also - Don't care for the Pop Art style posters...at all...most especially Depp's. Love the gothic ones though, they're classic.

And, again, the "Strange Is Relative" slogan is a blatant & lazy ripoff from the Addams Family slogan "Weird Is Relative"...I expect better from Burton & Depp.
                            Last edited by Dark Shadow; Apr 30, '12, 4:09 PM.

Comment

• Brazoo
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 14, 2009

Cloe something-or-other (that little kid from "Kick*ss") was on Letterman tonight.

She gave an almost painfully vapid interview - which I'm not blaming her for, she's just a kid after all - but it was funny seeing Letterman struggle through it. At on point he looked like he was trying to choke the life out his pencil listening to her talk. He really wasn't hiding his pain - it reminded me of the old Letterman in a lot of ways.

Anyway - they showed a clip of the film and it was more fish-out-of-water and 70s related gags. Ah well.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎