X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • almitysufx
    Persistent Member
    • May 27, 2004

Evil Dead, the Musical!!!!

It's a play, not a movie but this seems the place it fits best. I just got back from this with my sister, what a blast! I know it's been around for a few years and some of us must have seen it before, those of you who are Evil Dead fans and haven't seen this yet, it's a must. What we got to see was just a local small production but it was a great way to spend a few hours.
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

They actually did quite a convincing job. I saw parts of it on the net...
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

I'm hoping it'll find its way to Belgium one day
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• DocDrako
        Formerly Doc Drako
        • Nov 11, 2004

Bruce Campbell started out acting in "local small productions", so it's kind of fitting isn't it? I haven't seen the Musical, but I'd love to.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

I love when local productions by my fellow university alumnus gets this level of success.

I was there opening night of the big blackout when they took their "The Show Must Go On" attitude and performed it on the lawn of the Tranzac Club in the Toronto Annex using car headlights. I've seen it every time it's returned here, a half dozen times as it's gotten bigger and more ambitious and it still plays wonderfully to a live audience. The lead playing Ash just got better and better as well each time.

You also have to appreciate how seamlessly they blended Evil Dead 1 & 2. (with just the exclusion of Darlene). Even with the in jokes, the fact that you don't have to have seen any of the films to enjoy this was a major plus as well.

Would have loved to have seen the off broadway production.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

It looks like the entirety of the second production run is posted on YouTube.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UNHSrVkmDY

This is the version that played the Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal initially. Nice to go back and see that it still works with all the DYI rough edges... the latest productions that are touring are much more slicker productions.

I believe this one is the off broadway version...
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zd1n...eature=related
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎