X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Guilty Pleasures of a Resident Evil fan

Hard to believe they are now shooting the fifth installment of the series.
    Milla Jovovich Breaks Out The Resident Evil 5 Details Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

Looks like they are adding more characters from the game.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I think that feeds mostly the appetite of the gaming community. When my step-son mentions that title, he often mentions the games in the same breath.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

My friend has done the makeup on the majority of these. For some reason, I've seen them all (sometimes more than once) but never played the game.

They're fun to watch if you're Canadian, just to spot "Racoon City" landmarks which look suspiciously like Hamilton and Toronto. In the second one, their helicopter crash lands in a provincial park I take my kids too at least 3 times a year (!)
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

I've watched the first two RESIDENT EVIL movies and actually enjoyed them more than I thought I would. Haven't seen the other two yet, but have them on DVD for when I have some free time to kill (like THAT ever happens!)....
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• TEXASFETT
          #1 Bounty Hunter
          • Aug 29, 2008

This is my all time favorite series especially gaming wise when this first came out....... I was blown away! Movies after the second I stopped watching.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

I don't like the games but love the movies. they are fun monster movies

Comment

• MicromanZone
              Banned
              • Apr 26, 2011

Never played the games, but the movies are 100% perfect for what they are.

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Huge fan of the games but never cared for the movies. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Capcom does remakes of Resident Evil 2 and 3 like they did for 1.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I dig the movies mainly because of Milla Jovovich...been a fan of hers ever since I first saw her in The Fifth Element, as Leeloo...

I mean...can you get more adorable than her asking for a multipass?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jWGbvemTag

One of the cutest and sexiest characters ever...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

BTW...I could care less about the Evil Resident games...I like none of these modern games...I'm strictly a Galaga, Tron, Centipede, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong kinda of a guy...pure 80s gamer here...lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

The first three RE games are excellent (played them thoroughly on multiple platforms over the years), and also RE Code Veronica and RE Zero are good. The Gamecube remake of the original is also great.

4 and 5 didn't really impress me, as they veer too far from the original RE "survival horror" formula.

The movies are mediocre at best. They changed too much from the game storylines and needlessly added stuff.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
                        My friend has done the makeup on the majority of these. For some reason, I've seen them all (sometimes more than once) but never played the game.

They're fun to watch if you're Canadian, just to spot "Racoon City" landmarks which look suspiciously like Hamilton and Toronto. In the second one, their helicopter crash lands in a provincial park I take my kids too at least 3 times a year (!)
                        I'm a big fan of the games, but it's kind of become a ritual for the wife and I to run out and see the movies.

When the second one came out, We were in a theatre in a small classy resort town in Vermont that also served Beer in glass pints with your popcorn. I have no doubt that the other patrons witching the flick were baffled by the howls of laughter at the last bridge out of "Raccoon City" leading into greek town (AKA the setting of My Big Fat Greek Wedding), as well as our cheers as they blew up Toronto's city hall.

Raccoon City is frighteningly accurate to describe Toronto given how big fat and aggressive our Raccoon population has become. When the Apocalypse hits, it won't be Zombies, but large furry creatures in bandit masks that will rule the streets.
                        Last edited by samurainoir; Sep 20, '11, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                          The first three RE games are excellent (played them thoroughly on multiple platforms over the years), and also RE Code Veronica and RE Zero are good. The Gamecube remake of the original is also great.

4 and 5 didn't really impress me, as they veer too far from the original RE "survival horror" formula.

The movies are mediocre at best. They changed too much from the game storylines and needlessly added stuff.
                          As a fan of the games, I did get a kick out of Resident Evil Degeneration since it centers on Leon and Claire.
                          Resident Evil: DEGENERATION

Comment

• megoapesnut
                            The name says it all!
                            • Dec 3, 2007

Love the movies, never played the games

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡