X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Feast (2005)

Just watched this one. I wasn't expecting much, thinking "I'll probably change channels after ten minutes", but I was pleasantly surprised.
    It's a bit like Tremors, pretty bloody but with a sense of humor.
    There are gross moments and silly moments.
    Every characters gets a biography at the beginning, and a "life expectancy".
    Jason Mewes (aka Jay from Clerks) has "is already beyond his life expectancy" at the start of the movie, which is not far from removed from real life...
    From the start, the creators make it clear that not the expected "heroes" will live (even for more than 5 minutes). The cute little kid gets devoured in record time..

The movie was produced by Wes Craven, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon (a colorful combo), and if you need more persuading, you'll get to see a monster get his private parts crushed between a door and the jamb.
    Need I say more...
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Awesome film! "Hopefully longer than the last one" is my favourite caption.

I've heard the sequels aren't as good, (there's like, four of them I think?) but the first one is a must-see if you like the old b-movies of the 80's.

Don C.

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

The first one is quite fun and basically plays against all expectations... Unless you are paying attention to the "name" actors.

Having been subjected to spousal viewings of Grey's anatomy... I cheered and cried tears of joy at McSteamy's scene.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎