Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

Gargoyles, very stupid and campy movie but as a little kid it scared me and gave me nightmares.
    The Exorcist, hands down the scariest movie from my childhood.

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

I loved Gargoyles as a kid. I don't think it gave me noghtmares, though.

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

Remember the part where they're in the hotel and the gargoyles sneak in and there's one at the foot of the daughter's bed? As a kid I just knew there was one of those suckers just waiting for me at the end of my bed.

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

Wizard of OZ - those flying monkies really freaked me out when I was young.

Comment

• jds1911a1
            Alan Scott is the best GL
            • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by jwyblejr
            The only one to really freak me out when I was younger was Aliens. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would dream about one of them popping out of your chest.
            the original Alien did the same to me.

and as an adult Seven - A little too real for me

Comment

• mego73
              Printed paperboard Tiger
              • Aug 1, 2003

The Exorcist!

I saw the movie for the first time when it was on TV. Not only did I have nightmares about little Regan, I imagined her peeking into the door a couple times.

Another thing that gave me nightmares was an early 80's "hunger project ad". This ad would come on without warning during commercial breaks.

The concept is that they show a starving kid gradually grow into healthiness. They showed this with a succession of black and white realistic drawings of the kid with him at the start looking skeletal and creepy (with sunken eyes) backed with ominous music. The drawings would progress with him looking better and better until they fade into color footage of the real healthy boy.

The commercial scared the h-e double toothpicks out of me and it was worse because it could come on at any commercial break. For a while I would turn away during commercial breaks just hearing it did me in as well. Of course I'd forget not to look, and BAM! Creepy skeletal kid with sunken eyes!

I had nightmares about that kid. I think it was made worse because I couldn't completely control when I had to look at him. Of course I could stop watching TV but that wasn't going to happen :D
              Last edited by mego73; Nov 25, '07, 11:31 PM.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• Hulk
                Mayor of Megoville
                • May 10, 2003

9 Years old, first truly scary movie I ever saw in the theaters, and my Dad realized later that might not have been the best decision. I think he almost shat his pants.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by ramsey37
                  Would that be "Island of Terror" with Peter Cushing?
                  George
                  That's the one!! Man I thought those things were everywhere in the house!!!!
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• werewolfz
                    • Nov 19, 2007

For me as a kid it was Phantasm - I didn't want to get next to a mirror for months.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                      Home Of The Type3 Body
                      • Jan 18, 2005

As a kid, Dark Shadows scared me. I use to think the severed qypsy hand of Count Potofi was alive in my closet. I was about 6-7yr old at the time and I always came back for more! As an adult, the original Dawn Of The Dead. That movie always seemed so real to me. I am not talking about just the effects. I mean the reactions on the surviving humans.
                      LOOK
                      Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                      For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                      To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                        As a kid, Dark Shadows scared me. I use to think the severed qypsy hand of Count Potofi was alive in my closet. I was about 6-7yr old at the time and I always came back for more!
                        Same here...only it was Barnabas that scared me. I had a series of children's books when I was a kid and the picture of Ebeneezer Scrooge on the spine of one of them reminded me of Barnabas. I always felt that he was staring at me. Gulp!
                        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• jds1911a1
                          Alan Scott is the best GL
                          • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Hulk
                          http://www.logoi.com/pastimages/img/shark_3.jpg

9 Years old, first truly scary movie I ever saw in the theaters, and my Dad realized later that might not have been the best decision. I think he almost shat his pants.
                          I was 6 when I saw it at the drive in. I didn't have nightmares, but about a month later we were at the jersey shore and my brother told my mom he felt something swim against him. she said "oh stop that" we were the same kids who put fake mice in the cabinets. as we come out of the surf two guys come runnign in with golf clubs and literally beat a 3 foot sandshark to death in about a foot of water. SCARY after that like Brody I didn't go in the ocean for years. of course like Hooper now I love sharks

Comment

• ramsey37
                            • Jun 18, 2001

I have to admit, I didn't see "The Wizard of Oz" all the way through until my freshman year of high school. I was mortally afraid of the Wicked Witch as a child.
                            When I was in first grade, my parents let me and my younger sister watch "The Blob" with our next door neighbors. We both had nightmares for weeks. I mean, think about it, the Blob could frikkin' anywhere! Under your bed, ready to grab you when you get up to go pee in the night, or slithering through the crack under your bedroom window....
                            I remember watching the Vincent Price version of "The Fly" when I was in sixth grade. The last few minutes, when the little fly-guy is about to get eaten by the spider just completely creeped me out. I had to turn away and cover my ears.
                            One more I remember vividly was the movie "Frogs" in the early 1970's. The commercials used to run all the time on our local Atlanta TV station back then, and for some reason the pic of the frog with a human hand hanging out of his mouth just gave me the willies. It's a silly movie, but that pic always bothered me.
                            Yes, I'm a big wuss
                            George

Comment

• phil
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 11, 2007

It didn't give me nightmares but in my sixth grade English class we saw a short film adaptation of Shirley Jackson's story "The Lottery". I had no idea
                              what to expect and I won't ruin it here for anyone unfamiliar with the story.

It really freaked me out for a couple of days after. I was around 12 at the time,way back in 1976.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                                Talkative Member
                                • Aug 28, 2006

The one movie that freaked me out was Night of The Living Dead (original).I was like nine or ten watched it with my older cousins and then a couple days later went to my Grandmas farm house in the country for the whole summer....Just me and my Grandma....
                                Old farm house in the middle of nowhere.She didn't even have a T.V. or a radio so how were we ever to know when the Zombies were coming???
                                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎