X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoat
    A Therefore Experience
    • Jun 10, 2003

My main beef with this show:

For a series that is usually touted as being more about the living and less about the zombies, the writers sure are doing a lousy job with compelling character development. 7 shows into this series I'd be hard pressed to tell you much about most of the characters on this show. I certainly haven't connected with them. Any of them could die right now and it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Also, some of the dialogue and acting is a little clunky.

But all that said, I still enjoy the show and plan on watching it every week. It's just I sorta have high expectations for this show (especially considering AMC's track record!) and between last seasons finale and this seasons opener I'm a wee bit let down.....

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

d'oh!! i missed it
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• TEXASFETT
        #1 Bounty Hunter
        • Aug 29, 2008

I really do enjoy this series! The comics are great as well.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by megoat

For a series that is usually touted as being more about the living and less about the zombies, the writers sure are doing a lousy job with compelling character development. 7 shows into this series I'd be hard pressed to tell you much about most of the characters on this show. I certainly haven't connected with them. Any of them could die right now and it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Also, some of the dialogue and acting is a little clunky.
          I highly disagree.

The acting is one the best in zombie themed films (28 Days Later is another one that comes to mind)...that's why this show stands out.
          Last edited by Hector; Oct 19, '11, 12:57 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

The only thing that I could never accept in zombie movies...is why the panic?

Zombie decompose...all you have to do is bunker up somewhere high in the mountains...and let nature take care of the rest...within a couple of months...all the zombies would be rendered helpless...once ultimate decaying takes over...all the muscle, tendons, joints, bones, everything anatomically...would be decomposed to the point of even not being to walk...let alone pose any further threat to living people...imagine once their eyes get totally deteriorated...how in the hell are they going to see...lol.

Also...weather plays a big part...just move north...the zombies would freeze...move to the desert...zombies would decompose even faster.

Large bodies of water is another factor.

Microorganisms too could also play a factor.

That's why I love 28 Days Later...they did it right.

Having said that...I still enjoy zombie movies...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

What do you guys think of the Talking Dead show?

I think it's pretty good...lots of behind the scenes stuff...kinda like DVD bonus extras...lol.
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

In this first episode of the second season.

Why didn't the Walkers smell the people under the cars?

I recall last season...that the Walkers can smell humans.
                sigpic

Comment

• alex
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 15, 2009

Originally posted by Hector

Yeah, I was thinking that, especially when the black guy sliced his whole arm open. Also I was thinking, with the way guns are available in the states, find a shop, with some serious guns(Id certainly get some uzi's), and also get yourself a few silencers, if youre that worried about noise, which these guys were.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by alex
                    Yeah, I was thinking that, especially when the black guy sliced his whole arm open. Also I was thinking, with the way guns are available in the states, find a shop, with some serious guns(Id certainly get some uzi's), and also get yourself a few silencers, if youre that worried about noise, which these guys were.
                    Exactly...lol.

You know...the world has hundreds of millions of guns...and practically billions of ammo...it also is beyond me how this group only has a couple of handguns, one rifle, one bow, and a few swords, axes, and knives...please...I'd be packing more than a dozen Rambos and Commandos...especially like you said...tons of gun shops...and everything is FREE...heck...I'd have a full truck load of bazookas, grenades, dynamite sticks, flame-throwers...and packages of C-4...

Last edited by Hector; Oct 19, '11, 3:32 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• gummi
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 2, 2009

Originally posted by megoat

For a series that is usually touted as being more about the living and less about the zombies, the writers sure are doing a lousy job with compelling character development. 7 shows into this series I'd be hard pressed to tell you much about most of the characters on this show. I certainly haven't connected with them. Any of them could die right now and it wouldn't be that big of a deal.
                      I agree with you on this. I've been watching since the first episode, and sitting here now, I could only tell you the names of about half of the main characters without looking at a cast list . . . and I'd probably even get a few of those wrong. That being said, I still really enjoy the show and will continue to watch for as long as it's on.
                      "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• bp1701a
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Aug 27, 2007

I love the show also, but,, if the rv keeps breaking down,, they couldnt go to a rv dealership or whatever? just take one, maybe a humvee or 2? and yes with all the weapons available and supermarkets,walmarts,targets, small deli's,, they could find soo much food and water,, and noone has a cellphone? smartphone? laptop?i am sure someone in the world would be connected to the internet,,,,thats what i would do.
                        I am MEGO CRAZZZYYY !!!

Comment

• raider5gt
                          Museum Tree Cutter
                          • Nov 25, 2007

I enjoyed last season also,season 2 starts here on friday,looking forward to the zombie-fest.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

tons of guns shops, especially down in the Southern states like Georgia. not to mention all the red neck arsenals you would be able to find

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Hector

They can't necessarily smell out humans like bloodhounds (they don't have any enhanced abilities that a human wouldn't have), but use the smell of decay to differentiate themselves from the living after visual identification. Thus you have the two pulling bodies on top of themselves to hide.

It's not hygienic, but you think they would carry around packs of decayed human bits to throw on themselves with a moments notice.
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Joe90
                                Most Special Agent
                                • Feb 23, 2008

I really enjoyed last season, and really like the premise, but I was a little let down.

The pacing drove me crazy: 6 minutes of The Walking Dead and 4 minutes of Commercials was just bad. To top off the yawn factor the final 6 minutes pretty much consisted of characters talking to the crucifix. Then the Bambi moment...

They were supposed to be out there looking for a child lost in a forest filled with hostile Walkers that attack animals with their bare hands. Who would let their kid approach a wild and potentially spooked animal under those conditions?

The show ran roughly 55 minutes. Edit out the Talking to Jesus scenes and it would've been a regular episode.

I sure hope it gets better.
                                90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎