Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dark Shadow
    Creature Of The Night
    • May 14, 2011

First I thought the walkers at the barn entrance was a dream sequence...the way they cut to the commercial and came back to show Maggie just waking up while everyone else was still asleep (except of course Daryl). Then her and Sasha walk outside and there's all that devastation.

I didn't even realize it was a tornado the first time I watched it through, I thought the storm just brought the trees down (had something similar to that happen in the complex I was living in. Had really heavy rain for a few days and then a very strong windstorm came through and tore out/toppled nearly every tree in the complex. Looked like a war zone).

It wasn't until my partner asked if I had "missed" all of the walkers up in the trees. So we backed it up and watched it again, and sure enough there were walkers up in the trees that were still upright and for a brief second (or two) you could clearly see the path of destruction. So I'm willing to give a very slight pass on this since we all know that tornadoes are a strange phenomenon that can sometimes take out one trailer while leaving the surrounding ones completely unscathed.

What I found amusing is:

"Hey. Hi. Look. I...didn't mean to interrupt. Good Morning. My name is Aaron. I know, Stranger Danger...but..umm...I'm a friend. I'd like to talk to the person in charge. Rick, right?"

"How do you know..."

"Why"

"I have good news"

And then the tiny little ballerina dances in glorious celebration!!! Funny stuff!

Which brings me to Aaron. The man is handsome, intelligent, spotless, meticulously groomed, sensibly dressed for the day's specific conditions, sensitive to the women's apprehension, calm & reassuring. I turned to my partner and said...well at least we know that one male homo survived the Zombie Apocalypse. (He's been an avid reader of the comics for about 10 years now and refuses to give away any spoilers from what he's read), he just looked at me and said "what makes you say that?" So I said what I stated above, and he goes, "you picked up on all that, but didn't see a single freakin' walker in the trees?". I said, "I have amazing powers of observation. The amazing part is just how selective they can be". He refuses to confirm my speculation (which I completely appreciate, I like watching things play out for myself)...but I'm fairly certain that I'm right on this. Guess I'll have to wait to next week to see for sure.
    Last edited by Dark Shadow; Feb 17, '15, 4:17 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
      Yeah, the tornado takes down all the trees and Walkers...but the dinky barn remains intact....riiiight, lol.
      guess they didn't see the Zombie-Nado in Z Nation.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I thought the barn attack scene was a dream as well - especially considering nobody yelled HEY, A LITTLE HELP HERE !!!!! - when everyone else was sleeping

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by megojim
          Boy can't see this coming from you . . . . the insight it put on how Tyreese carried himself and the way that death has just become an almost daily event was pure genius. In terms of the upcoming episodes, Easter eggs were scattered all over the place. The 100 miles to DC ain't gonna be fun . . . .
          Well, in the comic Tyresse was a goner when the prison storyline wrapped up. This may give him a better exit but it still seemed pointless to me. In some ways it reminds me of one of the Sopranos season ending where Tony hallucinated most everyone who had been whacked in scenes re-enacted from famous movies. I'm still P.O.ed that he never quite matched his greatness in printed form.

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

I appreciate some of the "theme'ing" they are trying to do, and it's much appreciated, but when it's only an hour show, and has nearly 20 minutes of commercials, not much ends up happening sadly. Yes the barn storm scene was to confusing.
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              guess they didn't see the Zombie-Nado in Z Nation.
              Oh I'm betting they did...thought man that's awesome and jacked the idea...lol
              Stealing from a lower budget zombie tv show...lol
              Ż-nation for the win...lol
              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

Rick needs a shave and a haircut... He's acting like a caveman. Carl has gotta be really sad Beth & Tyrese died because now he's gotta be the one standing in the background holding the baby.
                Again this week, bad writing as the group takes off at 100 mph down pitch black unfamiliar roads, once again with a terrible plan. Are there no highways south of the Mason-Dixon Line? I thought there were, but it seems they stopped building roads around 1963.
                And another stupid idea- " I don't eat applesauce, I lug it around for show."
                Wha?
                Carol no longer offers anything after practically becoming Daryl 2 last season. Glen & Maggie flip flop on everything. Sasha is the new Andrea, Abraham (new T-Dog?), Tara, & Rosita do nothing either, and Eugene & the preacher are a waste of resources. So far the second half is filler. And we can still expect a " spotlight on" episode or two.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

How come nobody wears anti-zombie armor. It could be make from duct tape. Seriously, duct tape. And a full face motorcycle helmet. No more zombie bites. I would totally survive in the zombie aftermath world.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

How about a stroller for the baby? Since they don't get a bike with a baby trailer.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Gas goes bad in a few months, and preforms poorly. After five seasons, the driving should be nil. Or it should be like the vehicle is struggling to run the whole time. Is the show getting too dumb to watch. They have no real idea of what they are doing or anything. Is it going to last very much longer?

Comment

• johnnystorm
                        Hot Child in the City
                        • Jul 3, 2008

Rick officially said it's been two years last night.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                          Rick officially said it's been two years last night.
                          All the gas would fail at this point. No driving.

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

^^ That all depends if E10 is prevalent in Georgia.

I have no idea if it is… the gas would certainly fail if the show was set in California.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

I get more of a kick how they revive all those car batteries, lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                                Gas goes bad in a few months, and preforms poorly. After five seasons, the driving should be nil. Or it should be like the vehicle is struggling to run the whole time. Is the show getting too dumb to watch. They have no real idea of what they are doing or anything. Is it going to last very much longer?
                                lots and lots of Sta-Bil
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎