Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

I think they missed a golden opportunity to build suspense for an entire summer. If they are indeed going with the cannibal thing, they should have revealed them as such on this episode and make people think about that for the next six months. How chilling would it have been for Rick to look out of the crack in the rail car and see a bbq pit and someone turning a human torso just like a pig, slo-mo style. How much better would it have been if it was Beth? See, that's how you build tension and terror.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Random Axe
      I think they missed a golden opportunity to build suspense for an entire summer. If they are indeed going with the cannibal thing, they should have revealed them as such on this episode and make people think about that for the next six months. How chilling would it have been for Rick to look out of the crack in the rail car and see a bbq pit and someone turning a human torso just like a pig, slo-mo style. How much better would it have been if it was Beth? See, that's how you build tension and terror.
      Oh yeah, that would have been a stomach churner.... Sadly, the 1 hour season ender wasn't long enough...
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

That could also be an unintentionally funny callback to the Batman and Robin death trap on the Minstrel episode.

Comment

• z3zep
          The Girl Next Door
          • Sep 30, 2006

I think they built the finale up too much with the "who will survive" posters and saying it was going to be shocking.

The shock factor they were talking about was:
          1) Rick biting the guy's jugular, which was pretty brutal and very Walker-ish
          2) attempted rape of Carl
          3) Rick's repeating stabbing of the guy that was going to rape Carl.

Comment

• z3zep
            The Girl Next Door
            • Sep 30, 2006

I think it would have been cool, if they were all reunited and thought they were in a safe haven. And then the last scene, away from Rick's group in another part of terminus, they show the terminus people preparing Beth for sacrifice (ie, bbq spit).
            Last edited by z3zep; Mar 31, '14, 9:36 PM.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Listening to Rick speak with his real voice on Talking was kinda funny

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

The more I think about what they did at Terminus, the more I think it was flippin' brilliant writing.

We all knew the people at Terminus would end up being bad. We even had figured out that they were some sort of cannibals. They could have played it out like some kind of mystery... like they tried to do with Woodbury. I expected a lot of screaming at the TV that our heroes can't figure out that these guys are up to no good... and that chicken fingers do not actually contain finger bones.

Instead, they laid all the cards on the table as soon as Rick arrives. They confirmed all of our suspicions. We know that they are heavily armed, well organized, cannibals that have our heroes unarmed and imprisoned.

Doesn't that make you curious to know more? What the Termites' back story is? And how Rick and crew are going to escape?

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

They might not be cannibals.
                  Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Megotu
                    jerk
                    • Dec 16, 2001

I agree with a lot of points here. Rick's recon was crap in a hat. They did not manage to see one person. Kinda makes me wish that the Claimers had found Terminus before they found Rick. These are cannibals. More people make them stronger, oh yes indeed. Scarier thought. Woodbury had kids around. I didn't see kids here.

Some thoughts on escaping:
                    Rick is a cop. He has seen how criminals hide weapons to evade searches. Even a few bullets and something to strike them with would make an explosive strong enough to bust out of the rail car.
                    They were only quickly and not very thoroughly frisked. They could have 3 or 4 guns and a couple of knives easily.
                    I think one person gets out. Rick or Darrell because they know where the cache is. That person finds Carol and Tyrese. Beth was taken by the Funeral Home director to keep her safe from the cannibals. They show up later perfectly fine and the undertaker gets killed in the melee.
                    How long does Tasha Yar stand there BBQing each day anyway?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Splitty
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 25, 2012

Originally posted by Megotu
                      ....How long does Tasha Yar stand there BBQing each day anyway?
                      I too noticed every time we see her she's fryin' sausages.
                      She should totally be wearing a school lunchlady's hairnet.
                      I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• HumanWolfman
                        Type3Toys Has Transformed
                        • Oct 5, 2011

This is how I see this playing out. Carl will be the one small enough to escape the train car. He will make it to the woods and find where Rick buried the guns. At that point, Tyresse will make hi way there. Then, they will all break everyone out of the train car.
                        View My Customs
                        www.type3toys.com
                        or check here
                        http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Carol and Tyrese on on their way, no question. I think their arrival will be more "by the book", and they will Somehow find out about our heroes in the box car, and jailbreak them.

Comment

• clemso
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 8, 2001

Is that what that guy was doing to Carl? I thought he was just trying to crush him.

Originally posted by z3zep
                            I think they built the finale up too much with the "who will survive" posters and saying it was going to be shocking.

The shock factor they were talking about was:
                            1) Rick biting the guy's jugular, which was pretty brutal and very Walker-ish
                            2) attempted rape of Carl
                            3) Rick's repeating stabbing of the guy that was going to rape Carl.

Comment

• drquest
                              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                              • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by clemso
                              Is that what that guy was doing to Carl? I thought he was just trying to crush him.

Um, yeah... I had Closed Captioning on, and that scene said "belt jingling".....
                              Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Retro shirts and stuff
                              More retro shirts
                              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Megotu
                                jerk
                                • Dec 16, 2001

I think the leaders line of first we do the woman , and then we do your boy kinda made it all too clear. And that guy's eyes looked like Christmas morning when he saw Carl. Either a really good actor in a minor role or someone who should be on a registered offender list...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎