X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Iron Mego
    They've been cookin' critters up for some time. And what other way are they going to get protein now? Plus, they're all "contaminated" as it is, so eating meat would only cause the dangers it causes in the real world, from e-coli and the like.
    Well, we know what we know about contamination because Rick went to CDC. Abraham, Tyreese, etc... would have no idea. If I ran across Rick, I wouldn't decide steak's back on the menu because he said it's cool and Walkers have no interest in anything but meat, so I would assume a natural correlation. I get your point about protein.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by gummi
      Terminus is definitely suspect. Makes me wonder if the previous visitors were being grilled up there. On a side note, did anyone notice the Day of the Dead Bub zombie in the tunnel? That was a nice touch.
      Yup! I'm sure my wife was like when I shouted, "It's Bub!!"

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

I have this really bad feeling that Beth is this season's Sophia in the barn.

Comment

• Iron Mego
          Wake Up Heavy
          • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by hedrap
          Well, we know what we know about contamination because Rick went to CDC. Abraham, Tyreese, etc... would have no idea. If I ran across Rick, I wouldn't decide steak's back on the menu because he said it's cool and Walkers have no interest in anything but meat, so I would assume a natural correlation. I get your point about protein.
          True that others might not know how the infection works. But then again, none of the new characters seem all that worried about Walker blood getting on them, etc. It just seems like every one is huntin' something or other for their main source of food. Growing things to eat, at least at this point, would be the harder thing to do.
          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Megotu
            jerk
            • Dec 16, 2001

Them candy bars probably full of nasty critters by now ya know...
            sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
              Hot Child in the City
              • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Megotu
              Them candy bars probably full of nasty critters by now ya know...
              That's just bonus protein!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by hedrap
                I think it would be safe to assume that anyone that was at the prison would know about already being infected or contaminated. The sick had to be confined in the event they died from the flu and came back, so I think Tyreese would know.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I have a question.

If everyone is already infected...why do they die when they are bitten?

They are already infected...it doesn't make sense.
                  sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    I think it would be safe to assume that anyone that was at the prison would know about already being infected or contaminated. The sick had to be confined in the event they died from the flu and came back, so I think Tyreese would know.
                    That's true. I guess I'm thinking more in terms of cannibalism. They used a few caveats in the book which were great to increase the horrific quotient, but I still could wrpa my brain around.

What it comes to for me, is I could see one, maybe two people, work as human hunters. But once you establish a collective group it falls apart. The reasoning behind Donner and the Andes plane crash was "help is coming, so hang on". That's why I think they went back and studied the Great Famine, which is the closest to the 'Dead situation, but the lives and education of middle ages people were drastically lower than today. They were already living on the edge survival, so it's not a hard leap to cannibalism. I mean, if Terminus are cannibals, what are they holding on for? Live to a ripe old age? Your neighbors will eat you before then. In the comics, they turn to cannibalism because they sucked at hunting animals and were starving. Any group that lazy would wipe each other out.

Now, Terminus was also a Roman god of demarcations, boundaries, perimeters, etc... and he required a human sacrifice. If 'Dead's terminus is roping people in, taking what they have, and then euthanizing/sacrificing certain people, (the sick, the old, etc...), that I could see. Like a variation on Wicker Man.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
                      I have a question.

If everyone is already infected...why do they die when they are bitten?

They are already infected...it doesn't make sense.
                      Bacterial infection. Think of it like MRSA, the flesh-eating bacteria. If a small wound becomes infected, it can kill you in days. Zombies would be rampant with bacteria. So the bite isn't killing you, it's the subsequent infection. If you had medical supplies, you can stop it, which is what we saw with Hershel. What's reanimating the dead is the virus.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

That makes sense...thanks.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Iron Mego
                          Wake Up Heavy
                          • Jan 31, 2010

This ups the creep factor for Terminus:

Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

oh, wow! I forgot about that weird painting, it went unanswered and unmentioned after Michonne set it down...so Terminus Mary lived in that house with the creepy pink room full of dead people?
                            yeah, there will be blood next week.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                              Creature Of The Night
                              • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                              This ups the creep factor for Terminus:

Excellent connection...I would've never put that together.

Comment

• Mikey
                                Verbose Member
                                • Aug 9, 2001

I think I have a reason to dismiss the cannibal theories.

If EVERYONE is infected with the zombie virus wouldn't eating human flesh be effectively the same as eating a zombie which would turn the eater into a zombie ?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎