Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

Right they're not gay in the comics but I'm just getting the feeling they're writing the characters in the show that way and yes I'm wondering if they're going to film THAT Michonne/Governor scene like it was portrayed in the books. (I hope so.)
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I wish they would concentrate on just the prison group.

I have absolutely no interest in the governor group side story

Comment

• spacecaps
        Second Mouse
        • Aug 24, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey

Kind of reminds me of "The Others" storyline in Lost but the Governor and Woodbury are quite necessary to the plot as a whole.
        "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

the 2 story lines will converge soon and likely the rest of the season will be the two groups at odds until the season finale which will probably be the final confrontation

Comment

• Toysyouhad.com
            • Oct 14, 2012

Cant wait to see who was on the phone (or in his head)...

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

I wish they would concentrate on just the prison group.

Nah...a stand alone prison group storyline would be boring as hell...shows are better if you have at least a couple of different scenarios.
              sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
                Nah...a stand alone prison group storyline would be boring as hell...shows are better if you have at least a couple of different scenarios.
                Star Trek (the classic series) had 1 story going on.

every Trek series after classic Trek had multiple stories all going at once.

which was better ?

Comment

• spacecaps
                  Second Mouse
                  • Aug 24, 2011

I just watched last weeks episode last night and the phone call to Rick was maybe the dumbest thing I've seen on TV since anything during the last season of Lost. In a show submerged in a "realistic" approach to the zombie apocalypse, a phone call from his dead wife in heaven was just unbelievably stupid. I guess they were trying to show Ricks mental state but for me, they actually missed the mark. No one else gets to have a goodbye moment with their loved ones when they turn or just up and die, why should Rick. I actually said "Oh come on!" out loud when he identified the other voice on the phone as Lori's. Also other characters have lost far more than Rick during the course of the show and yet Ricks allowed to go off an have a hissy fit but when someone like Amy lost her sister, they took her gun away and put her on suicide watch and when Daryl found out Sophia was dead they treated him delicately too even though he did the exact same thing as Rick but with a zombie ear necklace but when Rick just goes off for a time everyones pretty ok with that. Also as far as being a dad, he's pretty awful. His son is an afterthought mostly. Carl was better off with Shane.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Having the girl topless for an extended amount of time seemed a bit gratuitous to me.

Comment

• Megospidey
                      Museum Webslinger
                      • Jul 26, 2006

^ They are trying to get across the psychotic nature of the Governor (he is SOOOO much worse in the comic book).

Knowing where this is going, and how much worse it could have been....I thought it was a little tame. But again, I have the advantage of knowing what happened in the comic book. I knew they couldn't do that in the TV show, so this is a MUCH more toned-down version of what they could have done.

Comment

• spacecaps
                        Second Mouse
                        • Aug 24, 2011

Originally posted by Megospidey
                        ^ They are trying to get across the psychotic nature of the Governor (he is SOOOO much worse in the comic book).
                        "We feed them strangers, stranger."

I liked this episode but given the tendency to kill off any character on a whim what reason did they have to keep Maggi and Glen alive after she told them about the prison. I thought Maggie was gonna get it for sure. Actually killing her and then leaving her locked in the room with Glen to deal with her when she turned would have been pretty psychotic and right up the Governors alley. Also if I were Glen, I'd be pretty much over Maggie at this point. He took a ton of abuse from Merle and didn't say a word. She had to take her top off and have the Governor not rape her. Then she watches as they put a gun to Glens face and she spills the beans (and tells every bit of the truth too!)

Then there's the Andrea side story with "nerdy science guy who is going to get bit at any time now." How come she never tells him about what she learned at the CDC? She mentions that when they turn there is nothing left of who they were prior but she makes this sound like a confident guess rather than saying "I have seen first hand at the CDC exactly what happens to the brain when you become a walker by watching a controlled experiment conducted by professional scientists in a billion dollar lab studying this very thing that you are trying to determine in a basement and I can tell you with 100% certainty there is no trace of what the person was left once they become a walker."

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

Agreed. I wouldn't say it was gratuitous... since there was nothing sexy about it... but it was certainly disturbing and uncomfortable. It emphasized what kind of person the Governor truly is.

I really liked the moment when Michonne showed up and Rick locked her up, took her sword, offered to patch her leg, and said she couldn't leave. Sure, it may have been a little heavy handed how *directly* it paralleled her experience with the Governor... but it certainly made you think, "is Rick slowly turning into this same sort of psycho leader?"

Comment

• toys2cool
                            Ultimate Mego Warrior
                            • Nov 27, 2006

Having the girl topless for an extended amount of time seemed a bit gratuitous to me.
                            I love that chick
                            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• toys2cool
                              Ultimate Mego Warrior
                              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by spacecaps
                              "We feed them strangers, stranger."

I liked this episode but given the tendency to kill off any character on a whim what reason did they have to keep Maggi and Glen alive after she told them about the prison. I thought Maggie was gonna get it for sure. Actually killing her and then leaving her locked in the room with Glen to deal with her when she turned would have been pretty psychotic and right up the Governors alley. Also if I were Glen, I'd be pretty much over Maggie at this point. He took a ton of abuse from Merle and didn't say a word. She had to take her top off and have the Governor not rape her. Then she watches as they put a gun to Glens face and she spills the beans (and tells every bit of the truth too!)
                              You can't blame Maggie for that, she would've taken the rape..But she could'nt take him getting shot in the face..Had it been the other way around Glenn would've caved as well
                              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• HumanWolfman
                                Type3Toys Has Transformed
                                • Oct 5, 2011

Next weeks show is gonna be freaking crazy!
                                View My Customs
                                www.type3toys.com
                                or check here
                                http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎