Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnnystorm
    Hot Child in the City
    • Jul 3, 2008

Actually, the two have deviated from each other so much that it's really only basic plotlines being taken from the comics. There's no CDC visit, no Daryl, Merle, or T-Dog. Shane's death happened sooner & a bit differently in the book. I actually find it interesting comparing the two.

And knowing the fate of characters in the book has now shocked me twice when it didn't happen as in the comic. I never expected Dale to die, and Sophia coming out of the barn still gives me chills. I really thought they would find her since she is around in the books. I don't think it can be a spoiler since the TV show can go in a completely different direction and you just can't be sure how things will play out. And anticipating the debut of certain characters, is fun, since I'm fairly certain they will NOT appear as they do in the book.

As far as reading the comics or the collected editions, you are doing yourself a disservice as a fan by ignoring them. The show got me interested in them, so I bought the first...and then all of them, as I read them straight through in one sitting. Couldn't put it down.
    Last edited by johnnystorm; Mar 13, '12, 8:27 AM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

How freaking hard is it to not say anything about the comic? Thanks once again for saying something. Dang, is it that hard to ask for nothing to be said about the future for those who enjoy the show on a week to week basis, and don't want to know anything that has happened in the darn comic?
      i did not say anthing that is not common knowledge. they revealed the casting of the Governor a few weeks ago.
      besides, as already said, the show has veered so far from the comic there are no spoilers there anymore. the show has become it's own entity/timeline, whatever

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

You cannot have The Govenor without

McFarlane Toy Action Figure - The Walking Dead Comic Book 1 - MICHONNE | eBay

The Walking Dead~Michonne Figure~McFarlane~Zombies | eBay

Given the great casting so far, I have no doubt they will find some one great to play her.
        Last edited by samurainoir; Mar 14, '12, 8:46 PM.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

Likely they will find an unknown actress to play Michonne. My choices might all be too glamorous. I think Kerry Washington who played Ben Grimm's blind girlfriend Alica Masters in the FF films would be great but somehow I don't think she would do it. The character is perhaps too over-the-top for her. Tho she did do FF 1 & 2 so what do I know?

Jill Marie Jones formerly of the sitcom Girlfriends looks the part but she may not be young enough or be interested in such a role. Plus her departure from Girlfriends suggests she demands a high salary for her roles. AMC is looking to save money on this show-not spend more.

Maybe Regina Hall? I think she is the right age now to play a serious role.

Gabrielle Union? I can hardly find a pic where she doesn't smile or isn't 1/2 naked!

Less glamorous and/or more unknown, (you will have to look them up): Naomie Harris, Denise Vasi, Kandyse McClure (New BSG), JoNell Kennedy, Chrystee Pharris...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

whoever they cast, she has to be able to play tough as nails, and scared/vulnerable equally well

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by johnmiic
              Likely they will find an unknown actress to play Michonne. My choices might all be too glamorous. I think Kerry Washington who played Ben Grimm's blind girlfriend Alica Masters in the FF films would be great but somehow I don't think she would do it. The character is perhaps too over-the-top for her. Tho she did do FF 1 & 2 so what do I know?

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/ima...54_388_600.jpghttp://fashionbombdaily.com/wp-conte...ere-makeup.jpghttp://www1.pictures.stylebistro.com...UykPJwiGkl.jpg
              Kerry Washington...

sigpic

Comment

• Steeler80
                Mayor of Strunk
                • Jun 29, 2001

Humans, when you strip away the veneer of "civilization" like electricity, economics and government, become THE single most dangerous species on the planet, far more dangerous than a bunch of animated corpses.
                Just the kind of message that "Lord of the Flies" made as well. I think that's why "Walking Dead" is such a popular show and resonates so well. It's actually making a statement without beating you over the head with it. Most of the more popular shows/movies do.

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

Caught the latest episode. Love that they managed to milk all the drama out of the Shane situation and get to the same end result with much more emotional resonance and pathos than the comic book.

In a show like this, it HAD to have been Rick who killed Shane, but love the reversal of the fact that it was Carl who popped Zombie Shane. In the comic Carl killed Shane MUCH earlier on to save his dad, but Rick traveled a ridiculous distance back to Shane's grave to dig up and kill zombie Shane out of spite.

I love the places where the story is deviating. I just wish we had more of the Dale/Andrea relationship before he died. There was a wrenching scene in the comic where they had to amputate Dale's leg to save him.

Shane of course is heading to Frank Darabont's LA Noir TV series as leaked weeks ago, so not so much of a surprise. With the Govenor's casting announced, folks won't have to worry about the lack of an antagonist.

At this point, the story has deviated beyond the comic to a similar extent that Dexter has deviated from the Novels (where Rita still lives and Dexter has a daughter, not a son).

I really recommend that folks check out the graphic novels as a "What If" alt universe version of the events... where Dale survives, as does Sophie. Carl's much more of a hardass from the get-go.... to a shocking extent down the line.

The compendium's really cheap given the close to fifty issues it contains.
                  The Walking Dead: Compendium One by Robert Kirkman | eBay
                  The Walking Dead Compendium: v. 1 by Robert Kirkman | eBay
                  WALKING DEAD COMPENDIUM TPB VOL 1 NEW PRINT ROBERT KIRKMAN ADLARD IMAGE COMICS | eBay

Do folks think T-Dog is standing in for Tyrese, or is Tyrese coming? I would have expected T-Dog to have gone in season 1, and who'd of thought he'd outlive Dale?
                  Last edited by samurainoir; Mar 15, '12, 2:35 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

i have been picking up the HC volumes, each has 12 issues. just need to get the lat 2 volumes. great read.

this weekend should be a great cliffhanger episode....but it is going to be a long summer

Comment

• MegoMark71
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 18, 2008

No doubt it will be one hell of an episode and an even longer summer than usual.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                        Creature Of The Night
                        • May 14, 2011

I'm sure glad that Carl showed up when he did. If he hadn't, we might have been subjected to several weeks worth of Rick contemplating whether or not Zombie Shane was a genuine threat to the group and if he should be put down or if he should be given yet another opportunity to "turn over a new leaf".

Next week's previews look like a huge visual tribute to NOTLD.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

I wanted Shane to eat both Rick and Carl, lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

The walkers tell me that Carl tastes like chicken...
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

The never before seen story of Michonne's origin is going to appear in Playboy next week.
                              The Origin Of The Walking Deads Michonne To Appear In Playboy | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

hmm, maybe my wife will let me buy Playboy again....LOL

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎