Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megospidey
    Museum Webslinger
    • Jul 26, 2006

Oh, yeah...the Walking Dead is back. Great episode tonight - other than Lori's bonehead move.

What I like about the show the most is that it is NOT following the comic series very closely except for one thing...

Every comic had some big moment, some shocking moment that made you go, "Wow."

The show has that same element just about every episode. Something that catches you a bit off guard and shocks the senses.

Now if the show follows the comic story-line at all - even just a bit - then buckle up. It is going to be a fun ride.

Comment

• domino
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 16, 2007

I am really enjoying the show. The whole thing with Lori seemed a bit off but otherwise, great episode. I was getting a little tired of Herschel and his denial of everything. Now that he has accepted that the world has changed, and there is no saving people, I expect to see a different side to him.

I was starting to lean toward Shane as far as leader goes, but after what Rick did, he has what it takes to get the job done and I like his character a lot more now.

Comment

• Joe90
        Most Special Agent
        • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
        Overall, three out of five stars. Already looking forward to next week's eppy...
        That's a fair assessment.

The advertising market has changed and if 1/3 of the alotted hour for The Walking Dead is dedicated to commercials then the writers have to take that into consideration otherwise the pacing gets sluggish to the point where it becomes a detriment to the program.

The first half of this season's The Walking Dead is a perfect example.

I remember the days when 10 minutes out of the hour was dedicated to advertising.
        Last edited by Joe90; Feb 13, '12, 10:32 AM.
        90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

• TEXASFETT
          #1 Bounty Hunter
          • Aug 29, 2008

This is a great show by far! Really digging it as well as reading the comic series as well.

Comment

• Splitty
            Career Member
            • Jan 25, 2012

HA! Daryl called Lori 'Olive Oyl'. That was great.
            I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Splitty
              HA! Daryl called Lori 'Olive Oyl'. That was great.
              My favorite scene...and it was about time the scrawny annoying chick did something for a change instead of biatching and complaining all the friggin' time...she's always bossing and directing people to do stuff for her...Daryl told her to take a friggin' hike...do it yourself...awesome...lol.

And then what happens?

Then the idiot useless Lori hits a Walker...and a flips the car like a big arse dummy...priceless...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

The message of last night's episode?

Humans will always be more evil and dangerous than any zombie...

sigpic

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
                  Then the idiot useless Lori hits a Walker...and a flips the car like a big arse dummy...priceless...
                  Agreed! It was a great episode. I'm delighted we saw some people from Philly. Oddly enough portrayed pretty accurately. When the one guy urinates in the bar he must of thought he was at the Cherry St. Tavern. See below:

Cherry St. Tavern (2nd oldest bar in the city)
                  A no-longer-used urinal trough runs along the base of the bar. At one time, patrons could drink eat and urinate in the same place.
                  If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Last nights episode was pretty good.

I hope they continue the trend of not being boring to death

Comment

• Megospidey
                      Museum Webslinger
                      • Jul 26, 2006

Yeah it was. You can tell something BIG is giong to happen between Rick and Shane. Hmmmmmm....

Comment

• Splitty
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 25, 2012

WOW!

[SPOILER!]
                        That was quite some face eatin' goin' on.

(I couldn't find the spoiler tags here?)
                        I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

I liked the episode a lot. But they still seem very uneven about character motivations. Rick goes from cold blooded killer to humanitarian at warp speed.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

The 2nd half of season 2 is shaping up to be really awesome. i predict shane will be shot in the season finale. looks like they will get to the prison next week too.

Comment

• johnmiic
                              Adrift
                              • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by sprytel
                              I liked the episode a lot. But they still seem very uneven about character motivations. Rick goes from cold blooded killer to humanitarian at warp speed.
                              Well a person crying out in pain that might be eaten alive isn't the same as someone trying to shoot you. Tho, personally, I was talking back to the TV saying: Rick, shoot him!

I also wonder if they might split the group and have 2 plot-lines going on next season like new BSG did for their first season. That might be good for the first 1/2 of next season.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

looks like next week they will find the prison. that should be awesome.
                                i just finished vol 3 of the HC series. really cool stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎