Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bondtoddbond
    Mego Museum Super Spy
    • Aug 14, 2009

That was a great end to a story that was dragging a little long. Very big surprise and now that story is finally done. It'll be a long wait for the rest of the season to finish in February.
    sigpic "It's like you're unravelling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

Fantastic show!!!
      I had to watch it twice and it stunned me still the second time around!!!
      Rick was loosing leadership to Shane and now I think he stepped up and reclaimed his role.What a powerful episode.
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
        Formerly known as Del
        • Dec 12, 2004

When I realized who was coming out of the barn my heart just sank. It was a very powerful ending, and that was some of the best acting by that cast all season. And isn't John Bernthal fun to watch as Shane?
        Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
        https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
        http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• megoscott
          Founding Partner
          • Nov 17, 2006

Surprising ending in many ways. I didn't see it coming first of all, which is kind of stunning, it makes so much sense. But also that it seems to have vindicated a lot of the problems people had with the season. The build up to the conclusion made it especially powerful.

JUst catching up on Thankgiving week DVR backlog. American Horror Story is next!
          This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

For me it was part surprise ending ....

It was a surprise up to the point they milked the last person coming out ... When they dragged it out overly long that's when I guessed it was because of the girl would be next.

If they would have just filmed it normal and had her come out right after the last one then it would have surprised me

The should never have milked the scene for time and suspense.

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

^ The end of that scene works better slow....if she had rushed out of the barn right after the other walkers you wouldn't have gotten the slow, painful realization from the other members of the group that Sophia was right there under their noses all along. That's the part that really makes it hit home with them, especially Rick, who felt like it was his responsibility since he lost her in the first place. You can see that in his face as he realizes that he has to be the one to put her out of her misery...
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

I'm assuming from the wounds that Sophia was bit on the neck but somehow managed to get away and run off before any walkers actually devoured her....Probably died somewhere alone before she was reanimated. That thought right there makes the ending even sadder...

SPOILER:

Apparently it was established on The Talking Dead that Otis was the one who captured Sophia and brought her to the barn...
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                  Formerly known as Del
                  • Dec 12, 2004

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                  ^ The end of that scene works better slow....if she had rushed out of the barn right after the other walkers you wouldn't have gotten the slow, painful realization from the other members of the group that Sophia was right there under their noses all along. That's the part that really makes it hit home with them, especially Rick, who felt like it was his responsibility since he lost her in the first place. You can see that in his face as he realizes that he has to be the one to put her out of her misery...
                  Absolutely agree with this. I was very affected by Lori trying to shield Carl and Daryl holding Carol back.

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                  SPOILER:

Apparently it was established on The Talking Dead that Otis was the one who captured Sophia and brought her to the barn...
                  On another board, there was some discussion of why Hershel didn't mention that a little girl was in the barn, even if he waited until after Glenn told everyone about it. While they were pulling the zombies out of the mud, Hershel mentioned that Otis was usually the one who did that job. But with all the commotion and Carl getting shot, Otis probably never got the chance to mention finding a little girl who had been bit, prolonging the search and uncertainty. I can't help but wonder if Shane's feeling that weight on his shoulders now too.
                  Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                  https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                  http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

He shouldn't have left the girl to begin with.

All adults know you always keep kids with you in a dangerous situation.

When he first left her there I thought he was a nitwit and I still do

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                      OH JES!!
                      • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Mikey
                      He shouldn't have left the girl to begin with.

All adults know you always keep kids with you in a dangerous situation.

When he first left her there I thought he was a nitwit and I still do
                      It's probably something that will haunt him for a long time...............

I must say AMC does some amazing shows Madmen,Breaking Bad,Walking Dead and the new one Hell on wheels......

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

I tried to watch Hell on Wheels just because O'Brien from Star Trek is on it but I couldn't get into it

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

This is all Ricks' fault...not Shane's.

If this was happening in real life...and I was in that situation...I'd be Shane for sure...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Megospidey

Mike...Maggie is the farmer's daughter who likes Glenn (the oriental dude).
                            You Southern boys still say Oriental?

You say that word in either San Francisco or Oakland Chinatown...and they will make won ton soup outta you...they really HATE that word...

sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
                              This is all Ricks' fault...not Shane's.

If this was happening in real life...and I was in that situation...I'd be Shane for sure...

I'd most likey be Otis ---

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

BTW...while some of the characters do get on my nerves (mainly Lori and Dale, and to a lesser extent, Rick)...I'm kinda beginning to care about them...a little bit...but this last episode also...in a weird way...made me sort of feel sorry for the Walkers as well...they were humanized...something that has been lacking in almost every zombie-themed movie...pretty good writing I must say.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎