Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dark Shadow
    Creature Of The Night
    • May 14, 2011

Okay...now we're talking! This week's episode is the best so far this season and is on par with Season 1...finally! Great balance of drama, action, tension, and a touch of (black) humor.

Daryl is becoming my favorite character, hope he doesn't sour after this experience. Andrea is gaining on becoming my least favorite character. I hope her self-centered recklessness recedes a bit now because Shane has worked so hard at becoming "Most Despised" (in my book) and I'd hate for him to lose that title so effortlessly.

Comment

• Joe90
      Most Special Agent
      • Feb 23, 2008

For a modern production, there's a lot of old fashioned plot padding and it's soooo slow. Even the scene where Daryl is struggling up the hill. Okay, I get it -- he's injured and weak. But guess what? After 5 minutes of heroic struggling he's gonna fall back down the hill! Saw that coming...

Another incident I saw coming a mile away was Daryl getting shot by Andrea for a Walker. But she only grazed him! Phew! I remember those cheesy plot devices from the early 1960's... Annie Oakley indeed!

I understand the importance of setting up character, tone, and atmosphere -- and I could handle the pace if they didn't interrupt every 9 1/2 minutes of show with 5 1/2 minutes of commercial.
      90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

• Mego Milk
        Custom Mego Maker
        • Jun 3, 2007

Loved this weeks episode!
        THE BARN!
        good tension!
        next week shall rock!

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

It was a good episode...the barn zombies was both shocking and awesome...lol.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Joe90

I understand the importance of setting up character, tone, and atmosphere -- and I could handle the pace if they didn't interrupt every 9 1/2 minutes of show with 5 1/2 minutes of commercial.
            DVR my friend...DVR...that's the ONLY way I watch shows with commercials...I fast forward that garbage every time...lol.
            sigpic

Comment

• Chris
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 23, 2009

For a modern production, there's a lot of old fashioned plot padding and it's soooo slow. Even the scene where Daryl is struggling up the hill. Okay, I get it -- he's injured and weak. But guess what? After 5 minutes of heroic struggling he's gonna fall back down the hill! Saw that coming...
              I agree and even fast forwarded over some of that scene. Overall the episode was enjoyable enough. A DVR is a must for this show.

Does Rick's wife drive anyone else crazy?
              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Megospidey
                Museum Webslinger
                • Jul 26, 2006

Another incident I saw coming a mile away was Daryl getting shot by Andrea for a Walker. But she only grazed him! Phew!
                If it truly followed the comic book, she would have put a bullet in his brain with ease Course, if it followed the comic book, there would be no Daryl.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Chris
                  She's a bit too anorexic looking for me

In some scenes (from the side) she looks like a stick
                  Last edited by Mikey; Nov 15, '11, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

I can't stand her...and she acts all high and mighty (always with a chip on her shoulder)...remember...this is the woman who immediately jumped on Shane's bones as soon as she thought Rick was dead...lol.

Yes, I hate her...I'm hoping she gets eaten alive...

P.S. I hate Rick too...lol.
                    Last edited by Hector; Nov 15, '11, 6:51 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Chris
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
                      I can't stand her...and she acts all high and mighty (always with a chip on her shoulder)...remember...this is the woman who immediately jumped on Shane's bones as soon as she thought Rick was dead...lol.

Yes, I hate her...I'm hoping she gets eaten alive...

Awesome! You summed it perfectly. Thank you. I thought it was just me.

....and as Mikey pointed she is too skinny.
                      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Megospidey
                        Museum Webslinger
                        • Jul 26, 2006

I've never liked Lori. She's much easier to like in the comics - maybe it's the actress.

I don't like Rick either - again, he is much more likable in the comics. More take charge, more pragmatic less moral.

I love Daryl and will be super mad if they kill him off. I also really like the Glenn/Maggie dynamic. Curious to see where that goes.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Awesome! You summed it perfectly. Thank you. I thought it was just me.

....and as Mikey pointed she is too skinny.
                          Amen brother...amen...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Megospidey
                            I've never liked Lori.
                            We should start a club...

sigpic

Comment

• timb
                              Will Draw for Toys
                              • May 1, 2009

I'm late to the game and just watched the pilot episode on netflix 2 saturdays ago.

I'm not a horror guy, so the first few zombies getting their heads blown off...like the girl in the opening 5 minutes, definitely took me back. That pilot freaked me out and I can't think of another show that I felt almost exhausted and stressed out when I was done watching.

I've watched thru episode 4 of season 1, need to watch 2 more to close out the season. Excellent show, freaked me out... especially that last scene with Rick on the horse walking into Atlanta, turning the corner and the street full of a thousand zombies. great show.

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by timb
                                I'm late to the game and just watched the pilot episode on netflix 2 saturdays ago.

I'm not a horror guy, so the first few zombies getting their heads blown off...like the girl in the opening 5 minutes, definitely took me back. That pilot freaked me out and I can't think of another show that I felt almost exhausted and stressed out when I was done watching.

I've watched thru episode 4 of season 1, need to watch 2 more to close out the season. Excellent show, freaked me out... especially that last scene with Rick on the horse walking into Atlanta, turning the corner and the street full of a thousand zombies. great show.
                                You know, I wasn't really disappointed in this season of the Walking Dead... until reading your post. The first season was so strong, and had so many great moments like that... this second season (so far) just hasn't measured up. Thanks for reminding me how good it was.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎