Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

I've been waiting for the show to return!!!
    The season 2 opener did have BIG plot Holes. Could'nt smell them under the cars. Was a biggy. How can a survivor get splattered with Zombie juice in a RV and not get contaminated? (Primary way to catch disease is eye/nose contact.) Why did'nt Lincoln charactor just take out the Walkers then and there? He never would have lost the little girl then!

Good points... The autopsy in the woods bit was brillant. Remember a simular bit in "Jaws". The spirituallity is something that has'nt been addressed to often in these type flicks. Its natural. After disasters and such. We usually become more pious.

I like the way the charactors are progressing. Its hard to get Bios during a Zombie Apocolypes. So we have to learn about these people as we go.

I like RV guy. The hose trick was a brillant stratogy to buy the search party more time without the group tearing itself appart. (I would have gave up on looking for the girl after 10 minutes!!!)

I'm losing patients with Lincoln's charactor. He's too moralistic about the Walkers. The dead aint nothing but walking disease now. Whatever was human about the walkers is long gone.

PS. The choice of going to the CDC at the end of season 1 was also well writen. In situations similar to this (epidemic) Authorities are educated to turn to CDC/ FEMA. Being an EMT. I can tell you they beat it into your head. Could never understand why no other Zombie movie has'nt covered this yet?
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• bondtoddbond
      Mego Museum Super Spy
      • Aug 14, 2009

I read the first 50 or so comics and it's interesting to see how they change the pace in the show. It's too easy to pick apart the details, but it's pretty good entertainment overall. The first episode started out pretty exciting but sort of got lost along with the long search effort. There are alot of commercials for all of AMC's other shows, that gets old.
      sigpic "It's like you're unravelling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

yeah but you only have to watch the commercials the first time. besides I usually DVR it and watch the next day so I can fast forward the commercial breaks....okay, it's because the show is on past my bedtime...LOL
        I wish they would film additional material not suitable for TV though that they could put on the disc sets.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          yeah but you only have to watch the commercials the first time. besides I usually DVR it and watch the next day so I can fast forward the commercial breaks....
          I do exactly that...I don't tolerate commercials...I hate them all...I practically record all the shows with commercial interruptions on DVR...so I can fast forward all that crap...lol.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by samurainoir
            They can't necessarily smell out humans like bloodhounds (they don't have any enhanced abilities that a human wouldn't have), but use the smell of decay to differentiate themselves from the living after visual identification. Thus you have the two pulling bodies on top of themselves to hide.

It's not hygienic, but you think they would carry around packs of decayed human bits to throw on themselves with a moments notice.
            Good explanation...

sigpic

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
              I do exactly that...I don't tolerate commercials...I hate them all...I practically record all the shows with commercial interruptions on DVR...so I can fast forward all that crap...lol.
              Same here i record all my favs so I can skip the commercials......

Solid start for the second season....

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

I've never seen an episode until last night I watched the season-2 premier.

It was pretty good but what's up with those annoying trivia pop-ups on the bottom on the screen ?

Are they in all episodes ?

If so, I might not watch anymore because they are just plain too annoying

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

trivia pop ups?? i have not seen those. did you watch it on demand or something?

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                    trivia pop ups?? i have not seen those. did you watch it on demand or something?
                    No, it was on regular AMC on Friday night (Saturday morning)

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

Sunday night's eppy was very good. Anyone else watch it...?
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                        Creature Of The Night
                        • May 14, 2011

I really enjoyed Season 1. So far, I find that something is lacking from this season. As mentioned above, the vast number of commercial breaks in the season opener was really annoying and took away from the pace of the episode. As also mentioned above, I think the search is dragging on a little too long.

I think part of the problem for me this season may be that the drama seems to be a little overkill. Lost little girl, Mom in anquish. Mom & Dad in anquish over their personal tragedy. Careless man cuts himself increasing his risk at a potentially disastrous moment, neglects the severity of his wound and finally becomes a feverish liability. Grieving woman wants to be dead & is openly hostile to the person who prevented her intent.

On the upside, we have been introduced to new characters who seem to be a little more united.

I have a question. Why are there soooo many z's still loitering at the school campus? If there's no significant food source there, why hang out? Did they somehow know that takeout was about to be delivered?

Comment

• megoat
                          A Therefore Experience
                          • Jun 10, 2003

I thought last nights episode was pretty great--better than the season opener.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

Last night "dragged" a bit for me....40 minutes in until we saw one unconvincing walker....
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

I enjoyed it but agree it was a bit slow.....but, again this show is about survivors coping with zombies as the back drop. i thought the last 10 minutes was pretty damn tense. can't wait for next weeks episode

Comment

• Mikey
                                Verbose Member
                                • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                                Last night "dragged" a bit for me....40 minutes in until we saw one unconvincing walker....
                                I thought the same thing

If this series is going to reel me in I need to see Zombies or a regular basis.

I thought Sunday's episode was boring compared to the series-2 premier.

Hope they dont take a half a season to find that girl

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎