X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
    Wow, I really hated these. I really miss Sideshow's original figures. I think they were the best representation of Universal monsters ever.
    The Sideshow Monsters were great but their articulation was terrible.

Later figures, like Dracula, were stuck in one pose, couldn't stand without the base, had no articulation below the waist and what little articulation he had was barely usable. Dracula and Phantom Mask of Red Death are also prone to tipping over and plastic warping.

Great looking figures on display. But not terribly fun toys.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

At first, I thought these figures were lame. Then I bought a set for the kids and they're all kinds of fun. Sure their likeness is generic but they're action figures in every sense of the word and my kids play with them, a lot.

I prefer them over sideshow honestly, they made a total convert.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Hopefully EMCE can still come in and get a license to do REAL Universal action figures in the 8 inch format. THOSE would have great potential.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
          At first, I thought these figures were lame. Then I bought a set for the kids and they're all kinds of fun. Sure their likeness is generic but they're action figures in every sense of the word and my kids play with them, a lot.

I prefer them over sideshow honestly, they made a total convert.
          Well said. I love them and wish Toy Island would have made more. It still pains me they didn't make a Bride or a Phantom of the Opera.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

The Sideshow are basically statues, true, but I love them.
            I was really sorry to see the 8 inch line abandoned.
            There were so many more cool characters out there.

I only need to score The Invisible Man and the Metaluna Mutant (both the colour versions), and I'm done!
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎