Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

I'm a "Creature-a-holic"....so I had to get Him. He's a little skinny, but well articulated....unfortunately....He's not 8" tall. But I like Him anyway(GREAT Face Sculpt!).

The rest of Em'...I don't plan to own.
    sigpic

Comment

• Count Creepyhead
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jul 28, 2007

Originally posted by Type3Toys
      Actually, they Frank is not Karloff but Glen Strange. The Dracula is not Bela but Chaney from Son of Dracula. Maybe TI could not get the Bela and Karloff estates on board. Either way, the likeness the were going for was nailed.
      I have them and they are fantastic. The set I have is mounted on the wall in my shop. I would like to pic up a set to open though.
      The Frank looks nothing like Glenn Strange The ears are a dead giveaway they were going for a Karloff look. Glenn's Frank has more exposed head clamps etc......and Drac is son of Drac?..umm no not even close. These are all 100% Generic likenesses. Besides the Creech who was just a guy in a suit, The mummy and the wolfman are the closest to the actual actors likenesses.

This is what most Universal Merchandise is based on the past few years.

X-Entertainment's Halloween Season: 2004

TI payed for the Universal monster license, not the Chaney, Karloff, Lugosi license. All of which are very expensive. Especailly Lugosi who's kid is a real PITA when it comes to merchandising.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I will likely buy these for my kids should I find them at retail.

I visited the Universal Licensing booth the last time I was at the Frankfurt bookfair, they had a huge monster sign but sadly, Dracula was just this generic guy, it was sad.

Oh and Son of Dracula had a moustache. The mummy kinda looks like Tom Tyler, if you squint.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Is Drac's necklace a star of David ?

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Count Creepyhead
            The Frank looks nothing like Glenn Strange The ears are a dead giveaway they were going for a Karloff look. Glenn's Frank has more exposed head clamps etc......and Drac is son of Drac?..umm no not even close. These are all 100% Generic likenesses.
            I'd have to agree, I don't really see Strange or Chaney at all in those sculpts. Besides, if they were able to use Chaney's likeness for Son of Dracula, you'd think they'd be able to do the same with the Wolfman.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by type1kirk
              Is Drac's necklace a star of David ?
              No, but it can sorta look like it in blurry pictures.

Best pic I could find. Still not that great but you can easy tell it's not the Star of David.

Dracula Photos

The best I can describe it is, it's entirely gold in color and looks like a starburst with one round bead between the six points of the starburst. In the center of the medallion is a circle that has an image of a moon over a mountain side.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MegoGeek
                From The Black Lagoon
                • Jun 27, 2001

Ok.

One of my toy jobbers just got me a CFTBL and I must say, out of the package it's a keeper.
                ______
                ChArLiE

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

Yesterday I picked up the Wolf Man at TRU. I don't think they are as good as the Sideshow figures but from what I've seen in photos and figure I got they're ok.

Comment

• toysrus
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 23, 2007

where in toys r us?

I have been checking toys r us for the past few days, so far no luck! Where in the store are these? With action figures? like near the star wars & batman stuff? Do these toys come boxed or carded?

Thanks!

Originally posted by phil
                    Yesterday I picked up the Wolf Man at TRU. I don't think they are as good as the Sideshow figures but from what I've seen in photos and figure I got they're ok.

Comment

• phil
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 11, 2007

The figures are carded. At the TRU I was at I had to go up and down the action figure aisles looking for them. They were just stuck in a spot were
                      there was room for a couple of pegs. They only had the Wolfman which i bought.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I over heard some (very nice) Monster toy dealers at Kane County discussing these figures and one of them said that because Toy Island couldn't find distribution for these, they are limited to 1,000 sets.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                          I over heard some (very nice) Monster toy dealers at Kane County discussing these figures and one of them said that because Toy Island couldn't find distribution for these, they are limited to 1,000 sets.
                          That's disappointing to hear.

They really are great figures (best articulated Universal Monsters figures to date) and it's a shame they won't be getting a wider distribution.

No doubt I can forget a second series of these.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• unataper
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 8, 2007

I will definitely be on the lookout for these figures. I am a big Universal Monster collector. I even have the Burger King toys as well as all of the TMNT as Universal Monsters (which I think are great!....funny but great still!)

Thanks for the heads up-
                            Cecil
                            For the rules of the road have been lodged, it's peoples games you have to dodge- Bob Dylan

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 1, 2007

Wow, I really hated these. I really miss Sideshow's original figures. I think they were the best representation of Universal monsters ever.

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
                                Wow, I really hated these. I really miss Sideshow's original figures. I think they were the best representation of Universal monsters ever.

Totally agree! I had the Creature, and sold him on eBay. I have the Sideshow Creature, and he's EXCELLENT!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎