X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Tratiler/info on the upcoming Exorcist Blu-Ray

EXCLUSIVE! The Exorcist Blu-ray trailer reveals never before seen footage from behind the scenes | The Exorcist Fansite

The blu-ray promises to have both versions of the movie plus brand new behind the scenes footage as well as porting over the old DVD extras.

[email protected]
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I would love to have that on blu ray, but my poor wife would probably have me checked for the devil if I got it in high def. She has an issue with that film, like some others I know. I guess it just weaves too much of people's belief system into it. I have NO PROBLEM separating the two. It's a movie, period. Now the day someone can ACTUALLY rotate their head 360 degrees on their shoulders and continue a conversation with me, THEN I will believe it.

Comment

• mego73
      Printed paperboard Tiger
      • Aug 1, 2003

In a way, I know how she feels, growing up Catholic. This is the only movie I don't really watch alone. But you can tell her it actually had a lot of Catholic support in the making of it and the guy that plays Father Dyer is an actual priest.

The head spinning thing in the movie was always interpreted by me as a devil induced hallucination. First to show Regan's mother what Regan did to the director and then to mess with Karras in the same way (notice how Merrin is unphased by her head turning).

[email protected]

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Interesting. I didn't know it had the support of the Catholic church behind it. Even more interesting to know one of the characters was an actual Priest. Wow. Thanks for letting me know that. That does give me some much needed support in my purchase.

Comment

• TrueDave
          Toy Maker
          • Jan 12, 2008

I think I heard its being released in the theatre again. ?

Might just be local.

I won't take my Girlfriend to see it. Night of the Living Dead is as far as I will take her. ( and Evil Dead 2)

It was weird when it was released with the cgi stuff a while back. OI took my art film friend who had never seen it and most of the audience was laughing.

Nope I can go without seeing it again. Read the book to try and figure anything more out and the SCARIEST thing in it was an excerpt from an actual Psych listing on what Satanism actually is. The detective was reading it.

The term was originally coined as a description of a Sexual fetish. Kind of sad and not so meanacing after reading that.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎