The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your latest Horror DVD purchases?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Krusher
    Banned
    • Oct 25, 2010

^ Big Lots is GREAT for this stuff. I have been SHOCKED at what I have found over the years there in their '$1-$3' dvd sections... Dead Trilogy - Three dvds banded together for $6....Motel Hell, Shockwaves, Magic, and many more for $2 each....'3-pak' of Tourist Trap, Willard, and another for $5.....ohhhh yeah...

Dont forget to check you local Dollar Generals, Family Dollars, and Deal$ stores as well...you wouldnt believe the things that I have pulled outta those places for next to nothing...Roger Corman..Vincent Price...Italian Schlock...

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

going to Deal$ tomorrow, wish me luck.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
        Banned
        • Oct 25, 2010

Good luck sir....hope you score 'Nightmare City' and/or 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'.....

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Last time I was there it was the leftovers of a WB assortment, got the Ultimate Warrior/Battle Beneath the Earth double feature.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

2 weeks to go!:

Mystery Science Theater 3000: Vol. XX: Amazon.ca: Joel Hodgson, Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy: DVD

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

I don't buy MST anymore, they hit Netflix streaming pretty quick after the release.

Comment

• babycyclops
                Career Member
                • Jul 9, 2010

Originally posted by Mr.Krusher
                ^ Big Lots is GREAT for this stuff. I have been SHOCKED at what I have found over the years there in their '$1-$3' dvd sections... Dead Trilogy - Three dvds banded together for $6....Motel Hell, Shockwaves, Magic, and many more for $2 each....'3-pak' of Tourist Trap, Willard, and another for $5.....ohhhh yeah...

I'm really like Motel Hell, that chainsaw fight at the end is great, as is the guy's pig-head mask.. wild stuff. I gotta see Magic again too, that film is really creepy. HEY SHMUCKO!!!!

Comment

• babycyclops
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 9, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  Last time I was there it was the leftovers of a WB assortment, got the Ultimate Warrior/Battle Beneath the Earth double feature.
                  Battle Beneath the Earth is one strange movie. Just read up on it, and it seems that it's actually a British film, masquerading as a American film.

Comment

• drthielegood
                    • Feb 9, 2011

Didn't buy these but the wife dropped them on me a few weeks back as a gift:

-Vincent Price "Scream Legends" box set (Phibes 1 and 2, Witchfinder, etc)
                    -The Incredibly Strange Creatures who stopped Living and Became Mixed up Zombies
                    -Also one of those 50 packs of public domain Sci-Fi

A good haul.
                    Cheers

Bob
                    ".....Honey, I never drive faster then I can see.....Besides that its all in the reflexes."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I watched "The Body Snatcher" and "Ilse of the Dead" from the double feature DVDs I got at Big Lots. I saw "Body Snatcher" before. Very moody film. Fantastic acting by Karloff, and Lugosi is in it too! "Ilse of the Dead" wasn't bad. Kind of slow, but it kept my interest throughout. Alan Napier, "Alfred" on the Batman TV series, is in it as well.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 28, 2006

Night of the creeps $5 at XS cargo.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhLGYUYTTD0

I love this film...LOL
                        Good news girls,Your dates are here.
                        Bad news is they're dead...

Also not really Horror but thriller/twilight zone/outer limits type?
                        Dead mans gun season 1 $20 at Zellers.
                        For those not familiar it was a show that took place during the old west,about a cursed revolver passing from person to person with strange and deadly consequences.
                        Last edited by fallensaviour; Mar 13, '11, 4:20 PM.
                        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Batman
                          "Real" Unlike Others
                          • Dec 13, 2010

Prom Night II

Good flick!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Captains Fathom and Harlock at Goodwill buck each.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                              • Mar 15, 2008

Scored a collection of Hammer DVDs, and finally broke down and bought the Blind Dead Collection at Monster Mania Saturday (comes in a coffin-shaped box!).
                              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Richard J. Fowlks
                                repeat offender
                                • Feb 10, 2010

I know I was late to the party; just saw Zombieland last week. Overrated or not, my favorite horror film since Shaun of the Dead. And now that I think of it, "Shaun" was the film that kicked off the latest zombie craze, isn't it?

Also saw Halloween 2 remake. All that did for me was make me want to see the originals again.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎