Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your latest Horror DVD purchases?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I saw Wal-Mart also had Jesse Franco's Count Dracula with Christopher Lee? Is this dubbed into English? How is it? Worth $7.50?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
      I don't get the love for Final Sacrafice, as a fan of MST3K I just find nothing spectacular about the episode and the movie is just average. It wouldn't make my top 50 favourite eps.

Its one of my faves from the SciFi years. And there were more than a few stinkers there.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Brazoo
        Don't know if it counts as a horror, comedy or a sci-fi movie, but I just watched "Save the Green Planet" with my girlfriend and one of her best friends because they wanted to see something "crazy". Surprisingly they loved it. They freaked out at some of the harsher scenes but after it ended they were really excited about how wild that movie is and had a blast.
        Save the Green Planet was terrifically entertaining. I know nothing about it prior when I had the pleasure of seeing it on the big screen at the Bloor Cinema a few years back. Very pleasantly surprised.

The bees were hilarious. KILLER ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NLbDgyMusk

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Just bought Swamp Zombies and Outpost (with nazi zombies)
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

A boring trip to buy my son a jacket turned awesome when I found Rodan/War of the Gargantuas in the clearance bin. Add to it some pizza and the LCD projector from my office and we had a fun Saturday night:

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ramsey37
              • Jun 18, 2001

I recently picked up copies of "The Omega Man" and "Dark City" at Wal-Mart for $9.00 each. I watched "The Omega Man" for the first time in many years yesterday. It's still entertaining, though very 70's
              George

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I finally watched the Dan Curtis/Jack Palance Dracula last night. Definitely one of the better interpretations. Palance brought some sympathy to the role, but he still came across as one bad mo-fo. I liked how he acted like a caged animal in some sequences.

Very well done for a TV production!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• mazinz
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 2, 2007

I picked up that newer re-release for the original War of the worlds (one with commentary by Gene Barry) at Walmart for $5.00, though generally I hate stepping one foot in that dump
                  "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                    One eyed, wonder
                    • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by mazinz
                    I picked up that newer re-release for the original War of the worlds (one with commentary by Gene Barry) at Walmart for $5.00, though generally I hate stepping one foot in that dump
                    Is that the one with the radio broadcast as a special feature?

Comment

• mazinz
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                      Is that the one with the radio broadcast as a special feature?
                      yes it is
                      "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• ramsey37
                        • Jun 18, 2001

I swung by my local Big Lots today and dug through the DVDs again. The picking were slim for genre films, but I did find the following:
                        The Three Stooges in Orbit
                        L. Frank Baum's Wizard of Oz (A selection of four of Baum's silent films based on the Oz books)
                        Lon Chaney Jr. Collection (includes "Bride of the Gorilla", The Indestructible Man", and "The Devil's Messenger")
                        George

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                          One eyed, wonder
                          • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by mazinz
                          yes it is
                          That's the one I got. You can bet I paid a lot more than $5 for it. Sweet find, even if you did have to go to "Wallyworld" to buy it.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                            One eyed, wonder
                            • Dec 17, 2009

Trip to Big Lots tonight, scored me a couple of $3 dvds. The Revenge of Frankenstein (Hammer 1958) and a double feature disc: Isle of the Dead (1945) and Bedlam (1946) both starring Boris Karloff.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Found some "bad movie police" titles at Canadian Tire this week including "Galaxy of the Dinosaurs" which is a really weird film. Basically somebody took all the effects from "Planet of the Dinosaurs" but put his own footage. It's a bunch of "aliens" (people in street clothes) walking around what appears to be the directors backyard.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                                Removed.
                                • Jun 14, 2008

I couldn't believe the movie I found last night at Big Lots for $3. It's an old 1973 creepy movie about a guy that gets turned into a human snake. It's called SSSSSSS and stars Dirk Benedict!
                                I remember getting scared watching it as a kid. I think i saw it at the drive-in.
                                Rich

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎