Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your latest Horror DVD purchases?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by bondtoddbond
    Just picked up The Omega Man on Blu-Ray for $9.99 at FYE. It has classic Charlton Heston 70's goodness. Also got all the Evil Dead movies for $5 each at Wal-Mart, hadn't watched them in a while and with the commentary on, they are awesome!
    gotta get the Evil Dead movies, I let a buddy borrow them and never got them back
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Al Barrett
      Career Member
      • Aug 16, 2008

Yesterday I watched "Voodoo Island" with Boris Karloff (my idol) but the movie is BAAAAD
      ...the "effects" are like those of Ed Wood's and the end is dispointing...
      A double-feature,so I hope the other movie is better (won't be tough to beat though)...
      "The four skulls of Jonathan Drake"... -_-

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

Just saw Blood the last Vampire, pretty decent movie but CGI sucked

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Meule
          Zombie Self Defense Force (Japanese zombie comedy)
          I watched this one this afternoon. If you like cheap, gorey B-movies you'll love this one. This is Terminator meets Matrix meets Shaun from the Dead meets Braindead meets Independance Day meets Bruce Lee. Yeah, this movie has everything, especially the cheapest special effects I've ever seen
          Oh, it also has some anti-USA propaganda, but what do you care, right?
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

anyone catch Last of the living? was it funny

Comment

• kryptosmaster
              Removed.
              • Jun 14, 2008

Picked up the 1972/1973 releases (in a double DVD set) of Tales from the Crypt (with Joan Collins & Peter Cushing) and the sequel, Vault of Horror.
              Also got double feature DVD of The Land that Time Forgot & it's sequel, The People that Time Forgot starring Doug McClure.
              Not sure if this one counts but also picked up double-feature DVD of Lou Ferrigno as Hercules & The Adventures of Hercules.

Rich

Comment

• ramsey37
                • Jun 18, 2001

This last week I picked up "Night of the Creeps", as well as the fantasy film "Defending Your Life". "Creeps" is a very 80's movie and looks pretty dated now, but it's still entertaining in a goofy way.
                George

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I ran across an odd movie in an even odder place. Our local Food Lion grocery had some DVDs on sale, ranging from classic mutli-packs to some kiddie fare dirt cheap. Amongst these was "Return of the Vampire" with Bela Lugosi for $5.99. I've never seen it, but I understand Universal sued Columbia for basically making a Dracula movie without getting the rights from them. Lugosi isn't Dracula, but he may as well be. There's a werewolf in it too! I only wish I had seen it last week!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• ramsey37
                    • Jun 18, 2001

I stopped by my local Big Lots today and checked out their new newest movie selection. I found several genre films of interest:
                    The 3 Worlds of Gulliver (Harryhausen!)
                    The Munsters Two-Movie Fright Fest (Munster Go Home! and The Munsters Revenge)
                    Fido (Zombie comedy)
                    Groundhog Day (technically a fantasy film)
                    An American Werewolf in London
                    As usual these are all $3.00 selections. Get down there before they're gone!
                    George

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                      Picked up the 1972/1973 releases (in a double DVD set) of Tales from the Crypt (with Joan Collins & Peter Cushing) and the sequel, Vault of Horror.
                      Also got double feature DVD of The Land that Time Forgot & it's sequel, The People that Time Forgot starring Doug McClure.
                      Not sure if this one counts but also picked up double-feature DVD of Lou Ferrigno as Hercules & The Adventures of Hercules.

Rich
                      I just got that Hecules as well, $5 at Ross

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Werewolf Of London/She-Wolf of London double feature at Big Lots. Got it for Mom as part of the XMas gift.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mazinz
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 2, 2007

I just found an MGM midnight movie title in one of those dollar stores: Man with the x-ray eyes. This might be a new source to keep a watch on if they are getting in MGM dvds.

I also picked up the terrible 80's film (also MGM) Rappin with Mario van Peebles as at this dollar store
                          "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

They're not purchases, but movies I saw this week and I had to share.
                            "Monster X strikes back": a Godzilla clone with a monster called Guilala destroying Japan again, who finally gets defeated by a giant hero called Taki Majin. The portayal of the world leaders during the G8 is hilarious.
                            "Braindead": No, not the Peter Jackson movie, nor is it a remake, it's just a movie with the same name. It does have zombies in it and it's funny, so it does have some similarities.
                            "Vampire Girl vs Frankenstein Girl": another Japanese movie, full of gore and blood. But this is without a doubt the weirdest thing I've ever seen, you can't stop laughing during the movie. Whoever made it, was either drunk or high during the shoot.
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• clemso
                              Talkative Member
                              • Aug 8, 2001

I've just watched Tetsuo: The Iron Man, great soundtrack, but don't bother

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

I managed to get a bootleg version of the TV movie 'Vampire', with Richard Lynch, Jason Miller and the old guy from the TV series 'The Defenders'.

It's pretty good; not excellent, but pretty good, although it's a bit fuzzy in places, and there's no interactive menu or commentary.

Richard has always excelled at playing villains, due to his somewhat gaunt appearance and ability to carry himself like one.

This was, without a doubt, his finest performance as the Golden Vampire, Anton Voytek of Hungary.

It's too bad that it's not on regular DVD, and that all we can depend upon is bootleg copies.
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎