Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your latest Horror DVD purchases?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoapesnut
    The name says it all!
    • Dec 3, 2007

I just got the Phantasm UK import sphere set with all 4 movies. Very good transfers. Looking forward to Phantasm on Blu-ray

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Save A Lot has 99 cent Halloween DVDs. I picked up Tales of Tommorrow, They Came from Beyond Space/First Spaceship on Venus, and The Bat/Shock. Cool stuff. They also had Clutch Cargo and some other stuff. First Halloween assortment I've seen. The Tales one features the half hour adaptaion of Frankenstein with a very drunk looking Lon Chaney Jr. as the monster.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Tyme2tyme
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 3, 2008

Save A Lot has 99 cent Halloween DVDs
        Thanks for the notice. I haven't been in Save A Lot in years. I'll check it out tomorrow, JOHN
        Livin' the American Dream!

Comment

• Monsterama2000
          Creepy and Kooky!
          • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Save A Lot has 99 cent Halloween DVDs. I picked up Tales of Tommorrow, They Came from Beyond Space/First Spaceship on Venus, and The Bat/Shock. Cool stuff. They also had Clutch Cargo and some other stuff. First Halloween assortment I've seen. The Tales one features the half hour adaptaion of Frankenstein with a very drunk looking Lon Chaney Jr. as the monster.
          I picked up The Veil Volume One. It's an old horror anthology TV series hosted by Boris Karloff.
          Erick
          sigpic
          Wonderful Wonderblog

Comment

• ramsey37
            • Jun 18, 2001

No one seems to have a good selection of horror films to choose from this year, so I've just been picking up odds and ends lately. At K-Mart recently I picked up something called the "Grindhouse Sci-Fi Collection" for $9.99. It's a collection of eight movies released by Alpha Video. The picture quality is hit or miss since they all seem to be public domain films. Included in the set are:
            The Galaxy Invader
            Kong Island
            Warriors of the Wasteland
            Cosmos: War of the Planets
            The Doomsday Machine
            War of the Robots
            It's Alive (a TV movie, not the cool mutant baby movie)
            The Day Time Ended
            I bought the set mostly to get "The Day Time Ended", since I'm a sucker for stop-motion animation monsters. "The Galaxy Invader" was kinda entertaining though goofy, but most of the rest of the movies are just dreadful, especially "Kong Island". Wal-Mart has a new section of $5.00 movies set up, and I scored a copy of the Midnite Movies double feature of "Tales From the Crypt" and "The Vault of Horror", as well as "From Hell". Some Wal-Marts are supposed to also have a Midnite Movies set of "Strange Invaders" and the 1980's version of "Invaders From Mars", so I'm keeping an eye out for that one too.
            At Big Lots I've picked up $3.00 copies of "Die Monster Die!" and "Carrie". I also found a copy of "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen", though it's technically fantasy not horror.
            George

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Wow George, you bought a lot of movies I like:

The Galaxy Invader- Don Dohler! Alien Factor is better but I have this on VHS.

Kong Island- Is this the same release with the European nude scenes? This movie warped me when I was 11. Watched it a bunch of times.

Cosmos: War of the Planets
              War of the Robots- I love these Italian epics.

It's Alive (a TV movie, not the cool mutant baby movie)- Larry Buchanan movies are another fetish of mine. I find them inescapable.

The Doomsday Machine- Is this the same one Cinematic Titantic did, with the rocket and the paper mache earth blowing up? It's real trash.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Al Barrett
                Career Member
                • Aug 16, 2008

A rainy day so I sat and watch the DVD:"Screams of a winter night" The intro (at the gas station) reminds me of "Deliverance" a bit,then the rest is fine but the end...gosh!!!
                It looks like they ran out of film or budget...very deceiving :-(

Comment

• ramsey37
                  • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
                  Wow George, you bought a lot of movies I like:

The Galaxy Invader- Don Dohler! Alien Factor is better but I have this on VHS.

Kong Island- Is this the same release with the European nude scenes? This movie warped me when I was 11. Watched it a bunch of times.

The Doomsday Machine- Is this the same one Cinematic Titantic did, with the rocket and the paper mache earth blowing up? It's real trash.
                  I've seen "The Alien Factor" exactly once, many years ago. I loved it, which is probably why I enjoyed "The Galaxy Invader".
                  To be honest, I only kinda half watched "Kong Island". It was playing in the background while I was on the computer, which is usually what happens when a movie bores me
                  I know Elvira did an episode on "The Doomsday Machine", but I haven't seen the Cinematic Titanic version.
                  George

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

The VHS box for Galaxy Invader has one of my favourite descriptions "Low on budget but high in Imagination!"

I like Kong Island but it's got a huge nostalgia factor, same with Assignment Terror.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I was hoping a big retailer would have a good selection of classic horror DVDs. Looks like they are letting us down. Wal-mart had a better selection when Twilight came to DVD!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
                        Ultimate Mego Warrior
                        • Nov 27, 2006

not really horror but I got Teen wolf 1 and 2 for $5 at target
                        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ramsey37
                          • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by toys2cool
                          not really horror but I got Teen wolf 1 and 2 for $5 at target
                          It figures, I picked up that set at Wal-Mart for $7.50
                          George

Comment

• toys2cool
                            Ultimate Mego Warrior
                            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by ramsey37
                            It figures, I picked up that set at Wal-Mart for $7.50
                            George
                            the one with both in the same disc right? what deal $5 for 2 movies
                            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Yeah, Walmart and Sam's club seem to be slacking this year.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ramsey37
                                • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                                I was hoping a big retailer would have a good selection of classic horror DVDs. Looks like they are letting us down. Wal-mart had a better selection when Twilight came to DVD!

Chris
                                I did notice that K-Mart has copies of "The Wolf Man" out now. It's the only Universal Monster release that I've seen this season.
                                George

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎