Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your latest Horror DVD purchases?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    Man, I hit the lotto at Big Lots today. The complete Wonder Woman series for 6 BUCKS!!
    have to check that out
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

^^ The Flintstones, Bruce Timm Superman and Batman, Top Cat and other WB stuff is showing up there too. Yesterday I found one of those dollar dvd's with She Beast, Tormented, Teenage Zombies and One Body too Many!!
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        ^^ The Flintstones, Bruce Timm Superman and Batman, Top Cat and other WB stuff is showing up there too. Yesterday I found one of those dollar dvd's with She Beast, Tormented, Teenage Zombies and One Body too Many!!
        Holy crap! I gotta hit them again. I went early last week and all they had was Scooby, the OC, and Dukes of Hazzard.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

I got the haunting in Connecticut , it was alright. I should've just rented it
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Azrak
            I went early last week and all they had was Scooby, the OC, and Dukes of Hazzard.
            Mine had these too as I went yesterday looking for Hero At Large. No luck with that but they did have one copy of Wonder Woman season 3 for $3 bucks.
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• ramsey37
              • Jun 18, 2001

Speaking of "Hero At Large", I watched it last week and noticed a scene with a Captain Avenger action figure. There was some discussion at the imdb boards about whether the doll was a customized Mego figure.
              George

Comment

• steelcouch
                Career Member
                • Feb 11, 2006

Got zombie strippers. Had to appeal to my curiosity. It was actually a decent flic. Asside from the nudity that is which was ok too.

Comment

• Tyme2tyme
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 3, 2008

Picked up "The Crawling Eye" (1958) at a local flea market today. It was released in England as "The Trollenberg Terror". I remembered this one as a movie from one of the Saturday Summer movie events the theatre near us would put on for the kids. This was one of the ones that kinda creeped me out back then (1970ish), JOHN
                  Livin' the American Dream!

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Picked up the latest MST3K boxed set which has "Robot VS the Aztek Mummy" and "Zombie Nightmare"

I had to have Zombie nightmare because it stars cheesy Canadian heavy Metal legend Thor!
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Got a couple of movies the other day. (I always paw through the discount bin.)

-Got a disk copy of "Night of the Comet." It's a funny film. The first un-horror movie I ever saw. It's also an interesting technical film, since it has one quality I haven't seen in films for a while: if you stop and THINK about it for a second it STILL makes sense. The only things you have to give them are the idea of the hero's dad being a Marine Major, and that the secret organization finished their base beforehand. (And that stellar radiation can turn you into a zombie.... but I think modern science has proven that already.)

-I also found a copy of "Monster X: Attack on the G8." It's a Japanese monster movie parody sorta like the old tv shows turned comedy we've been making the last few years. UNLIKE our films, you need a decent amount of knowledge on global politics to get most of the jokes. AND it has a LOT of in-jokes from old giant monster movies. I found it funny.... in a B-movie sort of way. And Gulala was always one of my favourite monsters, so that helped. One odd thing: what the hell kind of accent did the Canadian guy have?!?!?

>I had to have Zombie nightmare because it stars cheesy Canadian heavy Metal legend Thor!

You mean this guy?:

Stupid Comics

Don C.

Comment

• ramsey37
                        • Jun 18, 2001

I picked up a few movies recently. At Big Lots last week I got copies of:
                        The Frighteners
                        Duel
                        Slither
                        Final Fantasy: the Spirits Within
                        These were all $3.00 each. I also picked up a copy of "Amazon Women on the Moon" at Walgreens for $5.99. I hadn't seen it since the 80's when it used to air on Showtime. Best of all, it has a cameo by good ol' Uncle Forry
                        George

Comment

• ramsey37
                          • Jun 18, 2001

I finally received my copy of the new "Icons of Sci-Fi: Toho Collection" DVD, which includes "Mothra", "The H-Man", and "Battle in Outer Space". I don't think I've ever seen "Battle" before, and it's probably been around thirty years since the last time I've seen either "Mothra" or "The H-Man", so I plan to gorge myself on kaiju goodness this week
                          George
                          "Oh no, there goes Tokyo...."

Comment

• knight errant00
                            8 Inch Action Figure
                            • Nov 15, 2005

Was just over at Big Lots and managed to grab the only copy they had of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" for $3. Thought hard about "Gattaca" but they had a *lot* of those.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Hilarious House of Frightenstein box set.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ScottA
                                Original Member
                                • Jun 25, 2001

Rankin/Bass Mad Monster Party. First time I'd ever seen it on DVD so I picked it up at Target.
                                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎