Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your latest Horror DVD purchases?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Type3Toys
    Home Of The Type3 Body
    • Jan 18, 2005

I am not sure if this counts, but I just scored "Hound Of The Baskervilles" by Hammer with Peter Cushing as the king of sleuths.
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: [email protected]

Comment

• kennermike
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 4, 2007

Predator 1987

does this one count I know everybody is sharing getting classic horror films but I pickes the 1987 film for 3 bucks used had not seen it in a long time forgot how intense it was

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Sure, its got a monster in it.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Al Barrett
          Career Member
          • Aug 16, 2008

I bought "Caltiki,the immortal monster" a movie with a creature similar to "The blob"...
          I saw this as a kid...not bad at all...Does anyone knows that one?

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Pretty sure I've seen it.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• kryptosmaster
              Removed.
              • Jun 14, 2008

Nothing good or new at the Big Lots closest to me. Still same old crap nobody buys like animated features that are overpriced even at the dollar store and spanish language movies. The rack is getting sparse. Not even full anymore.

Rich

Comment

• Vortigern99
                Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
                • Jul 2, 2006

I recently acquired Cloverfield and The Mist on DVD -- similar movies with similar monsters that act as companion pieces to one another, though their styles are widely different. Cloverfield is probably the superior film, but The Mist is so creepy and spookifying, and so true to human nature, that I definitely rank it high on my list of all-time great horror films.

I also picked up an old VHS of The Wolf Man for $5. Wonderful photography and a palpable sense of horror balance out the hammy acting and head-scratching leaps in logic the movie makes. Judging by the (bootleg) trailer, the re-make is going to be brilliant, but the original is quite good as well.

Comment

• mazinz
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 2, 2007

a friend of mine that lives in Norway was able to get for me the Danish dvd version for the film Reptilicus which is the original uncut version and quite a bit different than how they relased this ove rhere in the US
                  "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Vortigern99
                    Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
                    • Jul 2, 2006

Ooh, I'd like to see that! Reptilicus was one of my favorite cheesy horror movies as a kid... though I'm not sure how well it would hold up thirty years later.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Loved the bumbling janitor in Reptilicus.

Comment

• toys2cool
                        Ultimate Mego Warrior
                        • Nov 27, 2006

Just got "Lady in White" I use to have it,but a friend borrowed it and lost it
                        Great 80's flick about some ghosts

Not sure if anyone remembers it
                        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• D-McMEGO
                          • Oct 30, 2008

Originally posted by marmes
                          Brian,
                          I believe he\'s referring to a little film entitled Dracula Vs Frankenstein aka\"ASSIGNMENT TERROR\".
                          I saw it in the dollar bin at Rite Aid too.That movie RULES it\'s awesome you got it!
                          A favorite of both palitoy and myself(i have the awesome Spanish poster for that!)
                          The movie is goofy as hell ...but in the best possible way!
                          And to me,the makeup/costumes of the monsters strongly resemble Mego\'s Mad Monsters.

Definitely the Mummy who looks EXACTLY like the Mego figure!!
                          The Human Wolfman wd have to be like one of Naschy\'s roles in one of the later films like Werewolf and the Yeti or The Craving aka Night of the Werewolf to be a close representation,but the Dracula in the movie as well as the Frankenstein monster also CLOSELY resemble the Mego MM\'s.
                          (Brian we\'ve talked about this...Frankenstein w big honkin\' eyebrows LOL!
                          The similarity is happenstance and probably unrelated but this movie WAS out before MM\'s were available....so you never know.)
                          This is a fun,trashy early 70\'s monster bash film featuring Michael Rennie slumming it at the end of his career(I believe this was his last film)
                          and Spanish horror legend Paul Naschy in one of his many Waldemar Daninsky Werewolf films.
                          The whole cycle of his werewolf films are ALOT of fun but definitely check out Assignment Terror aka Dracula Vs. Frankenstien for the Mego
                          similarities.

Yeah ,what he said !
                          (sorry it took so long to reply }
                          Went back and they were long gone !

Comment

• Vortigern99
                            Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
                            • Jul 2, 2006

^ ^ ^ Wow. I MUST see that movie! It sounds like a treat.

Comment

• mazinz
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 2, 2007

snagged the finally uncut My bloody Valentine dvd on Tuesday
                              "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 9, 2008

I now it's more of a Campy horror , but I just picked up " Killer Clowns From Outta Space. "
                                In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎