Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Any fan of Italian Gorror Movies needs to own this book...
    Spaghetti Nightmares.

I have a soft spot for the films of Joe D'amato. He's not really the best film maker of the lot, but certainly the one who pushed it passed the edge.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

In terms of the more contemporary Spanish horror auteurs, I'm quite fond of Guillermo del Toro. The stuff he does outside of the Hollywood system is brilliant. Chronos, Pan's Labyrinth, and the Devil's Backbone are incredibly brilliant films. Hellboy of course is good fun.

Michele Soavi's Dellamorte Dellamore AKA Cemetary Man was pretty excellent as well.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• EMCEtoys
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 1, 2007

Hey, what if we made a few custom Blind Dead MEGOs? I know I'd love 'em, but would it be worth doing 'em for real? Would anyone actually buy them?

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
          Hey, what if we made a few custom Blind Dead MEGOs? I know I'd love 'em, but would it be worth doing 'em for real? Would anyone actually buy them?
          Are you kidding me? You go right ahead and make 'em, I'll be buying
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Tothiro
            Kitten Mittens
            • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by samurainoir
            In terms of the more contemporary Spanish horror auteurs, I'm quite fond of Guillermo del Toro. The stuff he does outside of the Hollywood system is brilliant. Chronos, Pan's Labyrinth, and the Devil's Backbone are incredibly brilliant films. Hellboy of course is good fun.

Michele Soavi's Dellamorte Dellamore AKA Cemetary Man was pretty excellent as well.
            I agree, I really enjoyed Dellamorte, and re: Guillermo, I'm not 100% sold on his directorial style (I liked Pan's a lot as well as Chronos, but I'm a Hellboy fan with wild fan ideas). I really like the stuff he's pushing right now too (IE *The Orphanage)
            Last edited by Tothiro; Jul 29, '09, 8:41 AM.

Comment

• MysteryWho
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 16, 2008

Wow, Emce Blind Dead?! That would be amazing! I had intended to cobble together something with bits from CTVT but I'd rather not have to 'cause I'm lazy.
              Love the Blind Dead films but I haven't seen Ossorio's other stuff.
              Fulci and Ossorio actually seem to share that dreamlike quality where "anything goes" as long as it is terrifying. They both have such a unique approach. Horror fantasy content is often better when presented in a completely non-linear, non-realist fashion. Their movies sometimes remind me of Bergman and Godard, but without the intellectual content. I don't mean that as a criticism, sometimes intellectual exercises are the last thing you want out of a movie.
              And Naschy rules.

Comment

• MysteryWho
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 16, 2008

Here's one of my favorite Italian/Spanish Horror Features. Be prepared for some medium level horror/zombie violence. Nothing really bad.
                YouTube - NIGHTMARE CITY

Comment

• mazinz
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by MysteryWho
                  Here's one of my favorite Italian/Spanish Horror Features. Be prepared for some medium level horror/zombie violence. Nothing really bad.
                  YouTube - NIGHTMARE CITY
                  always a guitly favorite of mine
                  "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• wilbs518
                    Mego Collector
                    • Jul 25, 2009

Argento, Fulci, and Bava are some of my favorites!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎