Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I think some of you think superman is real. He isn't... I don't think vampires are real, but you have to go by how a character would act, and superman wouldn't destroy Dracula. He would try to imprison him for eternity at the Fortress of Solitude or something. Unless superman is a killer now. So against a "real" monster and not a costumed bad guy, superman would not fair so well. Superman is a natural being, not supernatural. So he is affected by the supernatural forces (magic) manipulated by Dracula. Plain and simple...
    Superman wouldn't go after Dracula for no reason, but Dracula would go after superman's friends and "family" to get to him if he chose to do so. I think superman would leave the planet in order to see his friends stay alive and not be turned into the undead. That is in his nature...

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

If she can kill a blood sucker...so can one of Superman's pimples...

sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
          If she can kill a blood sucker...so can one of Superman's pimples...

Goofy comedy. That is what you keep comparing Dracula to. Why? Get a serious Dracula going and not a goofy kids one. Buffy, what a joke. Next it'll be The Count from Sesame Street, and then Count Chocula! Superman vs Count Chocula!! Just because you love superman doesn't mean he would win...

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Dracula sucks...no pun intended...

sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Dracula sucks so superman wins? That's the best answer you've given so far. But still not a convincing argument.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Take a chill pill and relax...Dracula blows...end of story...

sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
                  Take a chill pill and relax...Dracula blows...end of story...

Wow, I don't think so. You just have no argument to cover your point of view. I'm very chill, knowing superman isn't real and vampires are all fake. Try reading some Marvel comics some time. You might find there are way cooler characters than superman. Like Spider-man for instance. Same color scheme, but no yellow! And way more depth to the character. Maybe not in the modern comics, but I suggest reading issues #1-#201. You'll see how superman is such a shallow two dimensional character. Now Spider-man, there's a true hero. Forced to give up a show biz career to avenge the murder of his uncle. He missed out on a television series they were going to make with him starring because he had to avenge his dead uncle Ben and became a public enemy. Vigilantism was his forced upon him. He didn't say "I have power so I will use it to help my fellow New Yorkers.", he said "Cha-ching!" But then things went wrong and he became a costumed criminal in the public eye. Just awesome!
                  Last edited by LonnieFisher; Feb 15, '10, 1:15 AM.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 28, 2006

I just don't know were you get your basis on the reasoning that Dracula wins.
                    Even in a court of law superman would win given the proof and evidence I have shown you and all you come back with is unsupported conjecture.It is laughable at best.

Once again you state that Dracula knows magic so he is "SUPERNATURAUL" come on again by your argument so is Criss Angel,Houdini,David Copperfield and the man they call Raveen.
                    All real people we are sure but by no means powerful and supernatural.

I gave you video-graphed evidence as to what would happen to dracula in several situations so pick one like it or not superman wins and Dracula looses.I am sorry if you can't come to terms with it but it is the facts as presented.
                    On another note the best thing to come out of Spiderman was the creation of the Punisher!!!
                    Maybe you could do a video and put it up on you tube where Dracula wins?
                    Just a suggestion.

P.S. I am not a superman fan at all on the contrary I like the monsters but it is just not possible that Drac could win.
                    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by fallensaviour

Once again you state that Dracula knows magic so he is "SUPERNATURAUL" come on again by your argument so is Criss Angel,Houdini,David Copperfield and the man they call Raveen.
                      All real people we are sure but by no means powerful and supernatural.

On another note the best thing to come out of Spiderman was the creation of the Punisher!!!
                      I never said Dracula "knows magic". I said he is supernatural. Those real people you listed are illusionists, not magicians. Do you know the difference? I guess I have a better understanding of how and why Dracula would be fighting superman. He would be a stealth creature of the night with a silent attack while superman slept.
                      As far as Punisher, in the original spidey comics he is a stupid character. I hated the punisher with his rubber bullets and stupid story. hired by the jackel to go after spider-man with no clue as to why. The punisher is one of the first characters that made the comic go down hill, in my opinion. Cool looking but dumb the way he was portrayed.
                      Take your big man's superman and pit him against a kiddie vampire and he will win I guess. I'll leave it at that...

Comment

• ctc
                        Fear the monkeybat!
                        • Aug 16, 2001

>it is just not possible that Drac could win

But you forget the first rule of the nerdly arts: when two name characters meet, they're ALWAYS equal. Even if they're not. It all depends on how you want to play it.

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                          Goofy comedy. That is what you keep comparing Dracula to. Why? Get a serious Dracula going and not a goofy kids one. Buffy, what a joke. Next it'll be The Count from Sesame Street, and then Count Chocula! Superman vs Count Chocula!! Just because you love superman doesn't mean he would win...
                          Man, SUperman could so beat Count Chocula. What next, Cap'n Crunch VS Sub-Mariner??
                          Last edited by thunderbolt; Feb 15, '10, 5:37 AM.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ctc
                            Fear the monkeybat!
                            • Aug 16, 2001

>SUperman could so beat Count Chocula.

I dunno. Once that sugar kicks in, LOOK OUT!

Don C.

Comment

• Meule
                              Verbose Member
                              • Nov 14, 2004

In the book and in the movies Dracula always looses, he's killed by a mere mortal. So why do you think a superhuman being couldn't do what a human could?
                              And get it trough your head that Dracula is already dead, so technically Supes wouldn't be killing him
                              And he could still pick up Drac and fly him into the sun. "But Dracula would turn into mist" I hear you say. I say he wouldn't have the time, Superman is fast as lightening
                              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• ctc
                                Fear the monkeybat!
                                • Aug 16, 2001

So;

Since this has become quite the debate; I’ve decided to do some research into the matter. I present my findings with two disclaimers:

1: You guys are gettin’ a little weird about this. I’m worried. There may be an intervention in the near future.

2: REMEMBER: Like I said, when two name characters meet, they’re gonna be portrayed as equals. Very few characters have scientifically defined attributes, and when you’re talking about two that have been around as long as Dracula and Superman you gotta start asking what VERSION of each you’re talking about. So the question is always gonna be subjective.

As an addendum:

2.5: You guys are WAY too rigid in your thinking.

With that in mind, I went to the closest thing to a definitive source on the subject as I can find: the DC Heroes RPG. I use the game because I know it was ruthlessly fact-checked by the DC comic staff before coming out.

Superman is very clearly defined; and the stats I’m going off of are accurate as of 1992. They could be different now. They could have BEEN different, but changed back, and then changed again since ‘92 all things considered, but I’m going off what I’ve got. According to the game Supes DOES have a vulnerability to magic and the mystic. (Stupid or not, it’s cannon. Suck it up.) VS mystic stuff his stats are lowered to 4. (For the non-gamers out there, that’s pretty good, but less than Batman.) Don’t worry about it; I’ll explain as it comes up.

I couldn’t find official stats for Dracula, so I’m going with the next closest official thing: Andrew Bennett. (Of “I....Vampire” fame.) Dracula proper would have more experience than him, and would theoretically be more powerful; but it’d be pretty close. Close enough for discussion. Vampires count as supernatural entities, so they WOULD have the benefit of Supes’ weakness to magic. This becomes a HUGE advantage should the vampire use mind control Bennet’s ability is high enough that without the weakness he’d have a decent chance of controlling Supes; with the weakness it becomes an almost sure thing. As for biting Supes, his resistance would be lowered vs such a direct attack, and Bennett could easily drain Supes to death. (Or UN-death....)

Superman has the advantage of speed; and his weakness wouldn’t lower that. In a straight up fight, he’s almost guaranteed to win the initiative. But Superman’s attacks and powers WOULD be lowered; so even if he punched Drac, it wouldn’t do much damage. (Bennett’s body is tough enough to take it, and Dracula would be at least as tough.) BUT if Superman decided to use a spear, stake, or arrow as a weapon it would take advantage of the VAMPIRE’S weakness, although the vampire’s ability to dissipate into fog protects him from this. Still, Superman is fast enough he could get a shot in before the vampire could change. As long as the vampire didn’t mind-control him first.

The powers and abilities of both sides are pretty well balanced. In a straight fight it’d come down to who got the first lucky shot. Outside of this, Superman has something of a disadvantage in that he has friends and family; AND an aversion to killing. WOULD he kill Dracula? I think he could be pushed to it, but he would do so reluctantly. (Probably after his friends were attacked.) Dracula would DEFINITELY use his friends, and I think this would give him the INITIAL advantage, but Superman is crafty enough to deal with this. (As long as Drac didn’t get that lucky shot in early.) By the final confrontation they both would have a number of plans and counter-plans, so the battle would again be an even fight. (Even if Dracula took control of a bunch of other superheroes, Superman would doubtless be able to deal with them. Dracula’s the only real threat because he plays off Superman’s weakness.)

So who wins? Realistically it comes down to who’s book the fight takes place in. Since Superman isn’t likely to be licensed out to another company, it’d be Dracula in a DC book; so of course Superman would have to win. But if the book sold well enough, you could rest assured that the defeat was only a temporary one.

Properly, each is a pinnacle of their respective genres; Superman is the prototypical superhero, and Dracula is the lord of the undead; so a confrontation between them SHOULD be a close-matched, hardcore struggle.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎