• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fallensaviour
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Meule
    Rebooted Ash? No one, and I mean NO ONE, can fill those shoes
    From what I remember this is still Raimi and Campbells baby and they have the say in who would take over for bruce in the reboot.

But in essence evil dead II was a reboot of evil dead 1 soooo why not...LOL

As long as they are still in creative control I think the end product would stay true to real ashness.

Well here is some stuff from wiki.Just follow the link it says it is current as of January 2010.
    Looks like the reboot is out perhaps and 4 is still a go with Bruce and they nixed the freddy vs jason vs ash idea due to loss of creative control for Ash character.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Evil_Dead_(franchise)
    Last edited by fallensaviour; Jan 19, '10, 8:43 PM.
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      I liked it too. I feel it's actually pretty consistent to the previous movies. Moreso than the Star Wars prequels were to the original trilogy. It "feels" like an Indy movie. Not the best one, by far, but still entertaining.
      Chris
      Exactly. The Star Wars prequel didn't have the same feel as the original trilogy, they might have well given the new trilogy a completely different name. Except for a few characters it had little to do with Star Wars IMO.
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by fallensaviour
        From what I remember this is still Raimi and Campbells baby and they have the say in who would take over for bruce in the reboot.

But in essence evil dead II was a reboot of evil dead 1 soooo why not...LOL

As long as they are still in creative control I think the end product would stay true to real ashness.

Well here is some stuff from wiki.Just follow the link it says it is current as of January 2010.
        Looks like the reboot is out perhaps and 4 is still a go with Bruce and they nixed the freddy vs jason vs ash idea due to loss of creative control for Ash character.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Evil_Dead_(franchise)
        This would suck even more if Raimi and Campbell weren't involved.
        And yes, to some degree Evil Dead 2 was a reboot, but Campbell was still playing Ash, I can't se anyone else pull this off. Certainly not one of those High School musical kids, Joe
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

The new Indy was good. Better than TOD, for sure. It's not in Raiders league, though none of the sequels are, in my opinion. And no one should ever play Ash again, except Bruce Campbell.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Meule
            But to get back on topic, I love just about anything with Campbell in it. And he's coming to Europe in the movie, to a con. We have cons here
            Campbell comes to a con in Europe?
            Definitely fantasy, then.

When we contacted him about eight years ago, he wanted $15,000 up front.
            Nice guy, great actor, but we didn't have that kind of money, and let's face it, how many autographs would he sell in Europe?
            Btw, I did get his autograph via a friend in the US, and Campbell signs like a granny with Parkinsons who just drank a bottle of scotch, and expired mid-autograph.

I'll just admire him in the movies...
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

I loved the new Indy movie too. Haqve watched at least 3 times in the last two months.

now if movies go the route Jim Cameron is predicting and CGI "actors" replace the real deal, then we could conceivably get movies with a younger Bruce cambell playing ash and still doing the voice and a Younger Harry Ford as Indy back during WWII which is where we all love him, kicking Nazi ***.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                I would dig Jeffery Combs mixed with Campbell. Love him on TNBA/JLU.
                The crossover that makes a great deal of sense to me is Evil Dead VS Re-animator. The comic book was okay, but it's not the same without Bruce Cambell and Jeffrey Combs in their respective roles.

I can see why the Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash storyline got shot down given that they ended up using the plot for the comic book. It suffered the same problems so many early drafts of Freddy Vs Jason went through in that they tried to mix in too much of the past continuity using Tommy Jervis, The Dream Master/Child etc. Great if you're a hardcore fan of the three franchises like I am, not so good for the casual viewer. Particularly the younger movie viewer that wasn't around twenty years ago.

I'm not always fond of the reboot route, but I get why they do it. I'm just not sure it would feel like an Evil Dead movie without Raimi and Campbell directly involved (and not just as exec producers).
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

How about having Bruce, as Ash, playing a supporting role in the new movie?
                  Like, somebody finds the cabin in the woods, gets the Evil Dead treatment ("I want to swallow your soul!"), and seeks out help from the only known survivor, Ash!
                  Ash is now a bitter old man, still selling stuff at S-Mart.
                  At first he doesn't want anything to do with it, but after he gets fired, he goes back for a final battle with the dead.
                  They could let some younger guys take the beatings and abuse. I realize that Campbell can't do the "throw me through the window" routine anymore.

As long as it doesn't get to be Crystal Skull, and Campbell gets to quickfire some of his famous lines, it could be OK....
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                    Time to feed the cat
                    • Dec 30, 2007

Anything with him in it would be a good laugh.He's the reason I started to watch Burn Notice on USA.

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

>At first he doesn't want anything to do with it, but after he gets fired, he goes back for a final battle

That's.... pretty much the plot from "My Name is Bruce." (Which is a film I recommend.)

Don C.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by ctc
                        >At first he doesn't want anything to do with it, but after he gets fired, he goes back for a final battle

That's.... pretty much the plot from "My Name is Bruce." (Which is a film I recommend.)

Don C.
                        I should be writing (bad) screenplays!

Need to see that movie. Even though reviews weren't all that good...

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                          WANTED for card bending
                          • Apr 26, 2008

Rumor mill is there is a script in the works for a new army of darkness movie.

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
                            GL of Mego Sector
                            • Oct 8, 2007

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                            As long as it doesn't get to be Crystal Skull
                            When I saw "My Name is Bruce" in theaters I was lucky enough to be at one of Bruce's personal showings. He did a great Q&A after the show and some one asked if he was gonna do AOD4 and he asked "How many of you wanted to see Indana Jones 4?" and one guy raised his hand and Bruce yelled "Oh! It was you!!" and then told us (I'm paraphrasing here) "Listen no one wants to see their favorite hero aging and out of shape." then he did an Indy impression that included his trying to whip something and then pretending to throw out his hip. It was pretty amazing he is such a genuine and amazing guy.
                            No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• noelani72
                              27inaleon
                              • Jun 25, 2002

I help out the local, hometown movie house as a part-time projectionist.
                              Bruce has a soft spot for our theater and he came to do a Q&A after we played his film on its premiere night.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRrdoKWM5ls

I can't wait till he comes back for the next film.

My Name is Bruce is a really funny, campy show. Hooked me for life :-)

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by GreenLantern9999
                                then he did an Indy impression that included his trying to whip something and then pretending to throw out his hip.
                                Now you've done it.
                                Now I want to see Bruce as Indy in the next movie....

"Now listen up, you primitive Nazi screwheads. This is my boomstick...."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎