X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

RIP Drive In Classics

I've been noticing my favourite Channel "Drive In Classics" has been rather horrible lately. They've stopped playing movies almost altogether instead just dumping reruns of Xena and the Hulk ad nauseum.

Well, it's official, it's been bought and the chilling news just came forward:

Prior to its annual investor day, Corus Entertainment announced it would be launching Nickelodeon in Canada. The new channel will launch november 2nd. On investor day, it was announced that Discovery Kids would be discontinued.

We confirmed with Corus that Discovery Kids will shut down on november 1st and that it is not a rebrand. Nickelodeon is a seperate digital channel. That being said, some BDU's might fill the dail left by Discovery Kids with the new channel.

They also comfirmed that SexTV and Drive-In Classics will both be rebranded in the fall of 2010. The rebrand will be to female-targeted theatrical and made-for-tv movies.

More crap I won't watch, hooray! I have a year of watching the station die a slow death to look forward to. F U Corus.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

>I have a year of watching the station die a slow death to look forward to.

Don't worry, Scream (or whatever it's called now) covers a lot of the same ground; and all the Corus channels draw from the same source. So I have little doubt that "Stereotypical woman channel 2" will eventually have a Chop-Sockey Monday feature.

Don C.

Comment

• Tyme2tyme
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 3, 2008

It's been said here before but they always seen to @#*% up great channels. Look what has happened to TVLand, SciFi (wrestling!?!) Boomerang (sliding downhill) Drive-in and many others. It's a sad trend that will probably continue, JOHN
      Livin' the American Dream!

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Yeah, and Monsters HD got removed before I ever had a chance to see it. They had a great website too.
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• bobws
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 13, 2008

Yes just like MTV , CMT and others have changed from showing music and featuring it in thier programs to reality and repeats. the parent company starts a second network similair and then riuns the first one. then they get bought out and gone. TNN is now spike, but there was CMT so that was ok, CMT is now repeat garbage But there is GAC so that's ok. only problem with all this is, our cable company never has the follow up channel in it's line up so we always miss out.
          "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎