Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trekman101
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2009

this sounds like a TV movie I saw.The movies last scene had one of the characters (I think he was Carl Weathers)shoot the turtle with a harpoon gun,get his leg caught in the harpoons line and get pulled under water with the last image of the film being the turtle dragging him through the water as it swam away.
    "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• ramsey37
      • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by trekman101
      this sounds like a TV movie I saw.The movies last scene had one of the characters (I think he was Carl Weathers)shoot the turtle with a harpoon gun,get his leg caught in the harpoons line and get pulled under water with the last image of the film being the turtle dragging him through the water as it swam away.
      I believe that's a scene from "The Bermuda Depths".
      George

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>I believe that's a scene from "The Bermuda Depths".

Yeah, that's it. I thought "The Bermuda Depths" was the movie I was looking for, until I saw it a few years ago. It's kinda similar, except in it the woman is a ghost who sold her soul to the devil. (Played by a giant turtle monster.) In the one I'm thinking of the woman IS the monster; but you don't find out definitively 'til the end.

The Bermuda Depths is an interesting film, if you like B-Movies. The effects are kinda cheap, but the idea is really weird.

Don C.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Oh man, I soooo wanna see this movie now
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

And looks like The Bermuda Depths is another one I need to check out
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

There was also Devil Fish that was sorta like this except for the transformation bit.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Vortigern99
                Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
                • Jul 2, 2006

Is it possible you're combining your memories of two or three different movies into one imaginary movie? Bermuda Depths (which I love and own the DVD of), Proteus and/or The Intruder Within?

Memory, especially childhood memory, can be a tricky thing.

Comment

• MysteryWho
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 16, 2008

It actually sounds a little like Destination: Inner space, a movie that scared me as a kid.
                  It's really easy to combine stuff or imagine stuff is real or vice versa.
                  I saw Hammer's The Lost Continent when I was small and it freaked me out so much that
                  later I figured it was just a really bad dream. I was surprised when it came out on video,
                  I really believed it was a nightmare.
                  Some of these other movies sound pretty interesting too.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Oh man, I think I saw Destination Inner Space once a month as a kid. It's amazing to watch it now and see the "incredible" models of the undersea lab.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

>Is it possible you're combining your memories of two or three different movies into one imaginary movie?

It's always possible, but I got pretty vivid memories of that last scene. And "Proteus" is WAY too late for when I would have seen it. (Actually, I don't think I've EVER seen "Proteus.")

Don C.

Comment

• mazinz
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 2, 2007

I never say never, but it does seem like you might be combining a few different films. I cannot tell you how many vivid memories I have had from when I was very young at what I thought I saw, only to be proven that years later, I was truly remembering it wrong
                        "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎