Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raider5gt
    Museum Tree Cutter
    • Nov 25, 2007

I thought Van Helsing was ok,yeah abit cartoony in places but thats CGI for you

The bit where VH went after Mr Hyde was good and the monks with all their James Bond type gadgets was good also.

I always liked Christopher Lee from the old Hammer flicks.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Van Helsing was okay if you took it at face value and didn't place any importance on the idea that Universal was doing a new movie about their classic monsters. But if you did give history it's due consideration, then the film is a train wreck after the first 15 minutes. I thought Dracula was a complete miss. His stilted accent could have easily fit into the Groovie Goolies, it was so campy. Frankenstein was just too poetic to take seriously and the Wolfen-like Wolfman was too cartoony to believe he was ever there. Jackman makes it fun though, so you can watch it with some added suspension of disbelief. Now, the idea of doing a prequel without Jackman would be complete madness. Who are they going to get? Christian Bale? I don't think so. I would definitely wait for a DVD release, and even then just as a rental.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎