Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDeRouen
    Author of Small Things
    • Jun 14, 2001

I actually really enjoyed signs. So there.

The Village... not so much. And I've yet to see Lady in the Water and The Happening.
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by JDeRouen
      I actually really enjoyed signs. So there.

The Village... not so much. And I've yet to see Lady in the Water and The Happening.
      For the love of God almighty, don't do it...it's a hundred times worse than Signs...and you know how much I hate Signs.

Lady in the Water is by FAR M Knight's worst movie.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Come to think of it, Lady in the Water is one of the worst films of all times.

sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
          Come to think of it, Lady in the Water is one of the worst films of all times.

Again I have to agree with Hec on this.Lady in the water was..meh.
          Snoring,I mean boring.The story was not bad just way to drawn out and predictable.I am so getting tired of seeing him in his movies I mean come on give it up you are not Alfred Hitchcock already.
          I will dis agree somewhat though as I did enjoy signs and the village.Maybe the village a little more than signs but they were okay.Lady in the water just put it down and walk away.

The happening was again okay but so predictable;and again, was drawn out to long.It could have been better but wasn't.Acting was great just not much going on.
          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Lady in the Water, the healing scene...

YouTube - Lady in the Water - The Healing

Boring, pretentious, self-indulgent piece of crap.

Man, I'm sounding more and more like Mike everyday.

sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

I truly think the biggest thing to bug me is his ego,He really believes he is an incredible story teller?
              Granted he is good but he has fallen victim to his own genius and is now pushing out the same format one movie after another.You want to surprise me put the twist at the beginning of the movie,hey here's a suggestion how about no twist just a freaking decent story.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy his movies but I'm getting tired of dishing out cash to see a movie that I can figure out in ten minutes.Again I'm not paying money to watch him act (which he sucks at) I'm paying to watch his film and the other actors.
              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

You hit the nail on the head.

M Knight was great in the beginning, Sixth Sense and Unbreakable...but then he became a one-trick pony..doing pretty much the same shtick over and over again...and his on screen performances don't help either...he's a HORRID actor...I mean a cameo here and there is fine...but when he started to have prolonged scenes like in Lady in the Water...well...
                sigpic

Comment

• mego73
                  Printed paperboard Tiger
                  • Aug 1, 2003

"What a twist!"

M.Night (or his custom action figure) in Robot Chicken

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰