Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I caught this movie once as a kid, coming back from the dentist or something, the week of Halloween. It literally blew my mind, I built it up as the greatest movie EVER.

Every ten years or so I would rent it after that and keeo forgetting about some of the songs that really drag it down.

Now that I have kids, it's much easier to watch, I plan to project it onto the front lawn this year during Halloween. Plus I love when my daughter sings "IT'S THE MUMMEEEEEE!" at the top of her lungs.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• AAAAA
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 28, 2005

I Just bought DVD ,I remenber the commerical and saw it when it first came out,
      It is one of the best ,
      There is a cartoon sequeal to the movie , that made by Rankin & Bass that appear on the Saturday Morning movie in 1971

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

I don't remember ever seeing this on TV and I loved these specials. Did one of the networks show this regularly at any point?
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• AAAAA
          Permanent Member
          • Oct 28, 2005

Channel WOR 9 in New york , New Jersey would show iMad Monster party ,on there "movies in the after Noon" in the 80's
          The cartoon sequel only air 3 times on ABC's "SMM" in 71

Comment

• Evel KMego
            Museum Daredevil
            • Apr 26, 2006

I just bought this last weekend. I'd never seen it as a kid- didn't know it existed until last year. It doesn't have the same nostalgic feel for me obviously as Rudolph or the other Rankin/Bass Christmas shows, but it was cool to see their take on all the different monsters. It does drag in spots though.

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Just watched it for the first time last night. I wonder if the catfight has anything to do with ABC Family not airing it? By the way,love the Bruce Timm drawing they have in the bonus section.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

I'm confused as to why they don't. They can air Poltergiest but can't air this?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I'm confused as to why they don't. They can air Poltergiest but can't air this?
                  That is an odd fit for a "Family" channel, but then again, like most cable channels nowadays, it's anything goes with no real mission statement.

I'm waiting for them to show The Exorcist, honestly. "It's a new kind of family...with a twist. HER HEAD!"

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• phil
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 11, 2007

It's a lot of fun and it's a shame it isn't better known.

I need to get out my copy and watch it again.

Comment

• Drain
                      megos are yummy
                      • Jun 10, 2007

Yea it, a winner. However for the record, the reason this does not fit well for TV showing because of its length is to do with the fact it was original made and released as a feature film to be shown in the threaters in the Fall of 1967. This information is from the book, The Enchanted World of Rankin/Bass a Portfolio by Rick
                      Goldschmidt, copyright 1997.
                      Another Rankin/Bass Holiday favorite that was originally a feature film is Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July.
                      Mego Nudists Fish Nude Show Off your Rod.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                        OH JES!!
                        • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Drain
                        Yea it, a winner. However for the record, the reason this does not fit well for TV showing because of its length is to do with the fact it was original made and released as a feature film to be shown in the threaters in the Fall of 1967. This information is from the book, The Enchanted World of Rankin/Bass a Portfolio by Rick
                        Goldschmidt, copyright 1997.
                        Another Rankin/Bass Holiday favorite that was originally a feature film is Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July.
                        ABC family is weird that's the reason but seriously getting the Dvd is better anyway. I love that book i have a copy of it and treat it like Gold it's currently out of print.

Comment

• Drain
                          megos are yummy
                          • Jun 10, 2007

Good book

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
                          ABC family is weird that's the reason but seriously getting the Dvd is better anyway. I love that book i have a copy of it and treat it like Gold it's currently out of print.
                          To bad. I bought by special order the Hardcover/with dust jacket,(1st print October 1997) instead of the softcover edition when it first came. It is interesting to see all the things they done. I have (1968) King Kong Escape and the (1966) King Kong Cartoon Volume 1 and 2 they produced in my Rankin/Bass collection along with the (1966) The Daydreamer, (1982) The Last Unicorn, and (1966) The Wacky World of Mother Goose.
                          Mego Nudists Fish Nude Show Off your Rod.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎