X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by MegoScott
    Yeah, that guy's totally a werewolf. Those dogs that keep showing up whenever she's in danger.

This show is annoying the heck out of me. I want to know what happens, but I hate almost everyone in it. Obnoxious characters.
    I also find most of the characters annoying as well. From bubble-brained Sookie, her attitude-enhanced best friend (and her alcoholic mother), her druggie brother, her boss (the werewolf), and on, and on, and on.

But the premise and subject matter is what keeps me interested and hooked.

And I do find two characters fascinating, the black gay cook and the lead vampire...those two are the best characters without a doubt.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

More theories on Sam the bar owner:

'True Blood': Making sense of that goofy dog painting | PopWatch Blog | EW.com

Also..remember Sam smelling those bed sheets?

sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

I have heard about this....
        I don't have HBO,.. is this Worth Picking up when it goes to DVD ?
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• megoscott
          Founding Partner
          • Nov 17, 2006

I don't know if I'd rent it...

The review is right that I expected better character work from Alan Ball. 6 Feet Under is a masterpiece, IMO.

Everyone in the show is completely stupid and overwrought. I haven't spent that much time in rural Louisiana, but....The black characters strike me as odd. It's the deep south and yet the only three african americans you see are one exceedingly flamboyant gay guy, the perpetually freaked out friend and her exceptionally alcoholic mother. And the spooky voodoo woman.

As far as that dog shape shifter, that has been telegraphed for a long time and I wish they'd get it over with and reveal. He's gotta be the killer.

Still, now that Bill is "dead" it'll be interesting to see where it goes.
          This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by BlackKnight
            I have heard about this....
            I don't have HBO,.. is this Worth Picking up when it goes to DVD ?
            I respectfully disagree with Scott...I say it's a solid rental.

Try at least one DVD...see how you like it.
            sigpic

Comment

• Adam West
              Museum CPA
              • Apr 14, 2003

I finally watched the first episode and thought it was pretty good.

The main problem for me as with many other specials like the Sopranos and the Tudors (both of which I like) have too much graphic sex in it for my wife. She just doesn't like it, won't watch it, and thinks I shouldn't either. I honestly don't care one way or the other but feel I am being disrespectful to watch it since it really bothers her so I have honored my word and haven't watched another episode even though I do have HBO on demand.
              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

Actually, I think the graphic sex is the best part. Wait, that makes me sound like a pervert. Seriously though it is a unique take on vampire mythology. I tried reading one of the books and just could not get into it. Maybe it works better on TV, I don't know. Most of the characters do come off like backwoods hillbillys. Except for grandma, who sadly was killed off.
                The werewolf/shape changer thing is obvious, he was even barking in his sleep when Tara slept with him the first time.....he kills off people who associate with vampires. Maybe it's an underworld type thing where vamps and werewolves are enemies.

Comment

• Zemo
                  Still Smokin'
                  • Feb 14, 2006

This show rocks. I called the bar owner being a werewolf to my wife when he rolled around in the sheets sniffing. I think the brother is a good character< he reminds me of stiffler).

There is hookie acting at times, but overall, I can't wait till Sunday.

Also gotta say I love the opening song.
                  Last edited by Zemo; Oct 24, '08, 2:24 PM.

Comment

• Zemo
                    Still Smokin'
                    • Feb 14, 2006

Here's the opening for those that haven't seen the show
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-UOR...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎