Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txteach
    Banned
    • Jun 17, 2005

Killing ANYONE is horrendous! The wife certainly did NOT deserve to die, no matter what. And the boy, why didn't he just go hang himself and leave both of them alone?

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

The sad thing is,now the wives and girlfriends of wrestlers will be keeping a close eye on their husbands and boyfriends wondering if they'll be next.

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Hulk
        Now they think the child may have been given Human Growth Hormone injections by his parents because they considered the 7 year old "undersized". Sick, Sick, Sick. This is going to get uglier and more bizarre as the facts come out.
        This is more common then you think,doctors have to give the ok before you could this,A friend of mine had to take these as a kid,needless to say they worked
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Hulk
          Mayor of Megoville
          • May 10, 2003

Maybe, but I would have to suspect that an adult willing to do the things to his own body that Benoit did, particularly when he was seen as too short to be champion for a long time, might not be the best person to decide if HGH was appropriate for a 7 year old. Maybe he was one of the fairly small number of children who truly need HGH therapy, but somehow I fear that a bit of a Napoleon complex on his father's part was at work here.

Comment

• Customslab

Originally posted by Hulk
            Maybe, but I would have to suspect that an adult willing to do the things to his own body that Benoit did, particularly when he was seen as too short to be champion for a long time, might not be the best person to decide if HGH was appropriate for a 7 year old. Maybe he was one of the fairly small number of children who truly need HGH therapy, but somehow I fear that a bit of a Napoleon complex on his father's part was at work here.
            jim rome on rome is burning said the same thing also he tore up wwe for doing what they done on monday night befor they had the facts

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I half don't blame WWF for Monday ..........

Half because, incase they really didn't know what happened--- they covered themselves by having a tribute.......

I mean, when somebody dies------- nobody really ever thinks they're a murder and killed themselves....

If you don't believe me,

Read this thread again from the start.

A lot of people did not know the truth

Comment

• Adam West
                Museum CPA
                • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by kept back
                Benoit apparently had shown signs over the past few years of problems. About a year or so ago, he became paranoid that someone was following him and intended to cause harm to his family. His last text message(to Chavo Guerrero, I believe) was something to the effect of "The sliding glass door is open and the dogs are fed." Which made no sense whatsoever. Watching the tribute Monday night, I became increasingly aware of phrases repeated like "he never showed his emotions" or "he kept to himself." How lacking in emotion was he? How much did he keep to himself? These could have been signs of schizophrenia. Not that I am attempting to justify any of his actions, I just think his actions indicate a very sick and troubled individual.
                Maybe the last text message was basically his way of saying that he was taking his own life but you can come through the sliding glass door and the dogs have already been fed so no need to worry about that....a strange way to say goodbye.

I really haven't followed wrestling since I was a teenager so I really no idea who this wrestler is. I did hear this morning that they found bibles by both of the bodies of his wife and son and lots of anabolic steroids. That is super dangerous stuff and when I see wrestlers like Benoit, I really don't think it is physically possible to be that muscular without the roids no matter how much you work out. I don't even think the most monstrous of Football or Baseball players are as muscular as these wrestlers.
                "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• kept back
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 2, 2002

When it comes to wrestlers deaths, it seems WWE is damned either way. When Brian Pillman died, they went on with barely a word and were chastised. When Owen Hart died in the ring, they were chastised for going on with the show. So the following night Owen gets what I considered a very moving tribute on Raw. Agai WWE is chastised for "exploiting" Owen's death. It seems they attempted to correct the course a little more with regards to Eddie Guerrero's passing, and again were labled as exploitive. Monday night, when the lights went up on an empty arena with the purportedly deceased Vince McMahon standing in the center of the ring, I thought it was quite a statement. An abandonment of storyline as well as turining away countless fans and possibly hundredds of thousands in revenue. I considered, ironically, the best of the tributes done for a fallen wrestler. Yet again, WWE is damned for honoring a man who is now known to be a murderer. I think that they did the best they could with the information they had at the time. And I think that Vince did the best he could to recover the fumble on Tuesday's ECW program. Unfortunately, all we are going to hear about is how "WWE spent three hours honoring a child killer" and how "all wrestlers take steroids and abuse their wives." Say what you will about Vince McMahon. He likely deserves it. But he is not the one sensationalizing the story in order to sell newspapers or garner ratings. That sick honor goes to the media who throw their stones from their glass houses.
                  Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                    The sad thing is,now the wives and girlfriends of wrestlers will be keeping a close eye on their husbands and boyfriends wondering if they'll be next.
                    Not every wrestler is a murdered, let's not get too paranoid. The roids alone didn't push Benoit to this, the guy was sick in the head
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• JDeRouen
                      Author of Small Things
                      • Jun 14, 2001

Apparently, his son had Fragile X Syndrome:

Fragile X is a family of genetic conditions, which can impact individuals and families in various ways. These genetic conditions are related in that they are all caused by gene changes in the same gene, called the FMR1 gene.
                      Fragile X includes:
                      fragile X syndrome (FXS), the most common cause of inherited mental impairment. This impairment can range from learning disabilities to more severe cognitive or intellectual disabilities. (Sometimes referred to as mental retardation.) FXS is the most common known cause of autism or "autistic-like" behaviors. Symptoms also can include characteristic physical and behavioral features and delays in speech and language development.

fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome (FXTAS), a condition which affects balance, tremor and memory in some older male gene carriers.
                      fragile X-associated premature ovarian failure (POF), a problem with ovarian function which can lead to infertility and early menopause in some female gene carriers.
                      Some gene carriers do not exhibit any of these features. To learn more about carriers click here.

Fragile X can be passed on in a family by individuals who have no apparent signs of this genetic condition. In some families a number of family members appear to be affected, whereas in other families a newly diagnosed individual may be the first family member to exhibit symptoms.
                      --
                      Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Customslab

Originally posted by Meule
                        Not every wrestler is a murdered, let's not get too paranoid. The roids alone didn't push Benoit to this, the guy was sick in the head
                        very very true, he was sick from the word go and i'm sure that roids will not be the only drug they find in his system

Comment

• JDeRouen
                          Author of Small Things
                          • Jun 14, 2001

Originally posted by Customslab
                          very very true, he was sick from the word go and i'm sure that roids will not be the only drug they find in his system
                          This is a bit of hyperbole. We have no clue what happened. Concussion syndrome has been discussed, which could have a lot of bearing. What happened is awful, but it's more important to try to figure out why so that hopefully it doesn't happen again then to just say "he was sick from the word go" and let it go at that.
                          --
                          Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• toys2cool
                            Ultimate Mego Warrior
                            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by JDeRouen
                            Apparently, his son had Fragile X Syndrome:
                            Yeah I just read that,I think the guy just snapped.I'm pretty sure his wife was going to leave him for not taking care of the kid as much and being on the road almost everyday,I guess she had enough and apparently so did he.The poor kid with no fault got caught in the middle

The WWE thing on Monday night you can't really blame them for doing that,if they would've been murdered by someone else and they would'nt have had the tribute then we'd all be on there asses for that ,I think they made the right call at the time
                            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by kept back
                              When it comes to wrestlers deaths, it seems WWE is damned either way. When Brian Pillman died, they went on with barely a word and were chastised. When Owen Hart died in the ring, they were chastised for going on with the show. So the following night Owen gets what I considered a very moving tribute on Raw. Agai WWE is chastised for "exploiting" Owen's death. It seems they attempted to correct the course a little more with regards to Eddie Guerrero's passing, and again were labled as exploitive. Monday night, when the lights went up on an empty arena with the purportedly deceased Vince McMahon standing in the center of the ring, I thought it was quite a statement. An abandonment of storyline as well as turining away countless fans and possibly hundredds of thousands in revenue. I considered, ironically, the best of the tributes done for a fallen wrestler. Yet again, WWE is damned for honoring a man who is now known to be a murderer. I think that they did the best they could with the information they had at the time. And I think that Vince did the best he could to recover the fumble on Tuesday's ECW program. Unfortunately, all we are going to hear about is how "WWE spent three hours honoring a child killer" and how "all wrestlers take steroids and abuse their wives." Say what you will about Vince McMahon. He likely deserves it. But he is not the one sensationalizing the story in order to sell newspapers or garner ratings. That sick honor goes to the media who throw their stones from their glass houses.
                              The sick honor goes to the media? Why because they criticize the WWE? GOOD.

The root of everything is Vince McMahon, it all starts and ends there.

Mitchedwards posted this:

Famous Wrestlers That Have Died Since 1985 Before the Age of 65

None of those deaths had anything to do with the media, all that is from the direct result of being part of the pro wrestling world.

Pro wrestling, especially the WWE, needs to be regulated, Vince McMahon's evil reign must be somehow controlled (at the very least), if everything stays as is, expect more tragic deaths to come, this is the sad world of affairs of the pro wrestling world.
                              Last edited by ABMAC; Jun 28, '07, 8:42 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                                The Packaging King
                                • Dec 31, 2004

WOW! I didn't realize a lot of those guys had died! That's just waaay too many and very, very sad!
                                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎