• Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Originally posted by Werewolf
    LJN Tigersharks Mako for Toyvember.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36507[/ATTACH]

One of the more obscure 80s toy lines and fairly scarce. I only remember seeing these at Woolworths. The gimmick, for this figure, was rotating the arm caused the heads to swap from human-ish to aquatic creatures. The figure also has pullout fins on the arms and legs. The cartoon wasn't bad it was pretty much a less cool Thundercats with sea creatures instead of cats. The real problem with the cartoon it was stuck in a syndicated cartoon block called the Comic Strip and the other cartoons were absolutely terrible.
    I loved the Tigersharks but those figures I had a problem with. Those bulky chests just didn't set well with me, so I passed on them. If they were redone with one of the other companies that are redoing vintage lines I would like them to just stay in their animal mode.

toy-tigersharks2.jpg
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by monitor_ep

I loved the Tigersharks but those figures I had a problem with.
      I give them credit on trying to make the transformation gimmick work and having some sort of battle-matic action was kind of LJN's thing. But, yeah, it probably would've looked better if they just made two different figures.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
        Career Member
        • Jun 8, 2015

I have been on a Spectreman kick since I found some Brazilian comics from the 1980's. I got this inflatable from G Fest 2022 last year from the ONLY dealer with any Spectreman merch. Somehow there is very little interest in him over the years. Now MIRRORMAN is another story...

JG.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
          Career Member
          • Jun 8, 2015

While NOT a toy, I wanted to post this. As we have Filmation fans here and while this was not Sold it was given away to employees at the studio. And...
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
            Career Member
            • Jun 8, 2015

I got this along with a WHOLE bunch of Filmation merch thru Heritage Auctions in the early to mid 2000's. All of that (Star trek animated series, Space Academy! ) Is from the collection of Ms. Erica Schiemer, Lou's daughter. I for one am grateful that I was there and able to score this stuff. Filmation Rules!!

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
              Career Member
              • Jun 8, 2015

This one I got at the Chicago toy show last October (2022). This dealer has this along with other "oddities" at her tables. Being a fan of the first film and documentary, I was keen to get this. Over a year and no bad voodoo! "Whew".

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                Career Member
                • Jun 8, 2015

This one is weird. A Dinner tray for the Fab Four. Got it at St. Charles this summer at the summer show and it's a bit of an oddity. Not sure if you eat off it or display it. Oh Well.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Crystar and Moltar from Remco's Saga of Crystar, Crystal Warrior based on the Marvel comic of the same name.

crystar.jpg

This line combines two of my top toy loves, the sword and sorcery genre and translucent plastic. So glittery. Above average sculpts and detail for Remco. You can tell they put a lot of effort into this line.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

ToyVember Challenge Day 27- Mattel Rodan

I actually tracked one of these down in high school, I had him over my dresser, with a cigarette in his mouth.

ToyVember challenge- Post a toy from your collection daily, and tell a story about it.

#ToyVember #toyvember #rodan #mattel #shogunwarriors #godzilla #toyvemberchallenge #plaidstallions
                    This gallery has 1 photos.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                      ToyVember Challenge Day 27- Mattel Rodan
                      Wow, neat, I never saw him in stores. Really cool toy.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Anjon's Dragon's Lair from 2002 for Toyvember.

dragonslair.jpg

With the enduring popularity of Dragon's Lair it is kind of surprising that it only got one very short-lived action figure line which was actually based on the Dragon's Lair 3D home console game. Besides the classic laser disc arcade game, there's been loads of home console video games over the years and even an 80s animated series. But not a lot of merch.

​​​​​​​To be totally honest, the arcade game is actually more fun to watch than it is to play.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

ToyVember Challenge Day 11- Remco Wolfman

As a kid, I called these "Star Wars Monsters" because of the vinyl capes.

ToyVember challenge- Post a toy from your collection daily, and tell a story about it.

#ToyVember #toyvember #glowinthedark #toyvemberchallenge remco plaidstallions #toyventures #monstertoys​
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 8, 2015

So why do I have two Deputy Dawg soakies? Cause I was stupid enough to forget that I had already bought one. The better looking one was purchased from Big John who always has the BEST vintage toys at the toy show. I was actually looking for Muskie the muskrat and the mole whose name I can't remember!?!? Love that TV show.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

A little color to brighten the last day of Toyvember.

rainbowbrite.jpg

Toyplay Rainbow Brite from 2004.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 8, 2015

Some years ago Funko or I should say Brian Marotti the head honcho, put out a book on Hanna-Barbera collectibles

Well I own two and 1/2 copies of that version and it took forever to find those copies. This year unbenowst to me he put out a second volume that comes with a pop up of Huckleberry Hound. Here is the front cover to volume two and...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎