X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

R.I.PeeWee

He rose to fame in the 1980s playing the whimsical, child-like character on TV and in movies.

Actor Paul Reubens has passed at the age of 70.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Very sad to hear this. I was always a fan, but I was just the right age when his HBO special, Big Adventure and Pee-Wee's Playhouse hit. He was huge in my tween life. Gave me lots of entertainment. RIP Mr. Reubens.
    sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

And let’s not forget his cameo as Oswald Cobblepot’s daddy in Batman Returns !

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

Read this earlier and was sad to hear this. He really did bring a lot of joy to people.

Can't believe he was 70!
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
          Career Member
          • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by warlock664
          And let’s not forget his cameo as Oswald Cobblepot’s daddy in Batman Returns !

He was the voice of BAT-MITE on the Brave & the Bold. For all three series'.

RIP.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

sad news. He brought a lot of joy to millions of people. RIP

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

RIP. I enjoyed him so much, in various incarnations. I discovered him on HBO and was a college kid watching him on Playhouse.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

Grew up watching his show and movies, then rewatched the show with my own kids. If you've never seen his skit in WWE with The Miz....WATCH IT....it is funny as hell.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

RIP. Beloved by many. I had just bought a super 7 Pee Wee figure last week.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

I think the first time I discovered Paul Reubens was in Cheech and Chong's Nice Dreams on HBO, a movie I had no business watching at my age, LOL! And then probably, "Pee Wee's Big Adventure", movie, which I found to be dumb, but could not NOT watch it whenever they played it on HBO, or reciting the catch phrases. And it inspired one of the best Hip Hop dance songs, "Pee Wee's Dance", by Joeski Love. Check out the video to see a young Ice-T doing the Pee Wee Herman dance. Even Slick Rick mentioned Pee Wee Herman in a song.

Paul Ruebens definitely made a lasting impact.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                      Creature Of The Night
                      • May 14, 2011

As a gift for my other half, I took him to see The Pee Wee Herman show live at the Club Nokia in 2010. We had such a fun night, I don't remember ever feeling as light and carefree after a performance as I did after that show (before, or since!). I had seen the two movies and an occasional TV appearance here and there, but there was something absolutely magical about his live performance that just really cut through all the BS that life has a way of heaping on.

Tons of honest laughs & heart warming moments, thank you for those wonderful memories!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎