X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody else do Free Food ?

Not sure how it is around the country but around these parts we collect free food.

Our laundry is stock-piled with canned good stuff

You're not a member of our apartments ???

Totally fine, take whatever you need
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Sounds like your community really looks out for one another. Very nice, Mikey.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

We have a homeless man living in our park; my entire community has been kind and understanding. He's complicated and has some mental health issues. Still, instead of wanting him gone, there is a group dedicated to finding him a home (he has lost all of his identification), and we all give him gift cards to the restaurants and businesses in the plaza across the street. It's hard because he doesn't want hand outs. I live in what I deem a "Snotty" area, so this was a nice change of pace.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
        ….. It's hard because he doesn't want hand outs.....
        A nice steak dinner would be great --- but don't include the wife

Seems most male lost souls have a gripe against women (for some reason or another)

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

we have a food pantry in town and there are several in surrounding towns too.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
            Career Member
            • Jun 8, 2015

In a city the size of Chicago and surrounding suburbs,. It's hard not to see people go hungry. There are more than enough pantries and food charities, but somehow it sadly never ends.

I do find comfort that people do care enough to donate food and money to keep these places going.

To only make Roddenberry's future a reality.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

There are a few food pantries in my little town. I get paid once a month, so when I go to Houston I there is a grocery store like Aldie's that has non-big-name company can goods, I stop in pick up a few extra crates full of the basic veggies drop them off at the pantries. I just get the basics (Green Beans, peas, corn, carrots, black-eye peas & potatoes), if they have a deal on other can goods that kids would like I usually pick those up (spaghetti, mac-n-cheese).

They have my info and I told them if there is any elderly Asians that need food to call me, and we will bring them a care package. I keep my pantry well stocked in American & Asian canned & box items. Being this close to Texas beach they say to keep at least 3 months' worth of supplies on hand. Having been through power outages for long periods and running on generator I keep more than enough food around.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡