X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Anyone here in Hurricane Ian's path ?

Hurricane Ian made landfall in Florida on Wednesday as a powerful Category 4 storm.

Maximum sustained winds were around 150 mph as it hit the southwest coast, at the island of Cayo Costa near Fort Myers and Cape Coral.

The National Hurricane Center has warned of "life-threatening storm surge, catastrophic winds and flooding in the Florida Peninsula," with millions under evacuation orders.

My friend lives in Ft Myers but I couldn't convince him to evaluate. He didn't even stock up on anything like non- perishable snacks.
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Also I accidentally posted that c logo , any idea what that is? Cleveland baseball

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

"Custom"
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Sure was in its path. right through Winter Haven
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Not Ian, but we just got hit with Hurricane Fiona pretty bad. We were lucky but so many others weren't.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Did Ian peter-out yet ?

Not seeing much on the news (not counting it's past devastation in Fl)

All I hear was it's heading toward the Carolina's

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Mikey
              Did Ian peter-out yet ?

Not seeing much on the news (not counting it's past devastation in Fl)

All I hear was it's heading toward the Carolina's
              made landfall near Charleston and continuing its rampage. https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                "Custom"
                Its the Cubs logo!!!

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Stay safe ...
                  Last edited by Mikey; Sep 30, '22, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 13, 2009

We were down on Hilton Head, but decided to play it safe and come back to our house in the Upstate of SC on Wednesday. It hit Myrtle and the northern beaches a lot harder apparently than Hilton Head, Charleston, and the southern beaches.

We had lots of wind and rain in Greenville, but nothing serious.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

Fort Myers was briefly my home for about a year so I know the area quite well. As far as I know everyone I know down there is OK. The beach and boardwalk are either really expensive homes or tourist driven businesses were hit the hardest. Sanibel Island needs a new bridge not sure how well that will work out.

This is the pic that gets me, it looks like a fish tank
                      Screenshot_20221001-101107_Reddit.jpg

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

I’m in southern New England and for that past three days its been overcast, cold rainy and very windy, and this is remnants from Ian, broken tree limbs and branches all over my yard, I can’t imagine how those in Florida went thru.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TrekStar
                          I’m in southern New England and for that past three days its been overcast, cold rainy and very windy, and this is remnants from Ian, broken tree limbs and branches all over my yard, I can’t imagine how those in Florida went thru.
                          it sucked. Hurricane force wind for hours and 12 inches of rain.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎