Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ever try Red Lobster's "Wagyu Burger" ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody ever try Red Lobster's "Wagyu Burger" ?

Just tried one this afternoon...

I seriously wanted to bee-otch about it but i'm actually kinda impressed.

Ordered mine medium/rare, which is my thing.

Came with a nice fresh bun with American WHITE cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, mayo and ketchup on the side in a separate container --- make it the way you like.

NOTE:, growing up in New Jersey there is no better hamburger than a greasy New Jersey diner/greasy-spoon burger-- wit-the-works…

In the year 2022 (If Man is still alive)……. I must say, this Red Lobster greasy atrocity is the closest thing to going back to the old days and enjoying a REAL NY,NJ,Pa burger.
  • Duncan
    Museum focus-groupie
    • Jun 27, 2009

Originally posted by Mikey
    NOTE:, growing up in New Jersey there is no better hamburger than a greasy New Jersey diner/greasy-spoon burger-- wit-the-works…
    If you ever head up towards Niagara falls, stop in Rochester for a local burger (Don's Original, Bill Gray's, etc). It's a normal burger, bun & cheese, but the classic (I believe) has mustard, onion, and the local hot meat sauce. Thinking about it, I should probably get some more of that sauce.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Duncan
      If you ever head up towards Niagara falls, stop in Rochester for a local burger...………...
      On one of my trips on the way home from Niagara Falls to PA, broke down (car literally broke down) and had to stay at, The Lord Amherst Inn …

Don't know if they're still there in 2022 but back in the day their Star Trek: The Motion Picture pinball game entertained me enough while waiting for a mechanic...

Comment

• KingKickass1983
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2019

Only Red Lobster I know of is the one in Succasauna. Next to a Lemon Tree.

Now I'm kind of tempted...
        Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
          Only Red Lobster I know of is the one in Succasauna. Next to a Lemon Tree.

Now I'm kind of tempted...
          You talking about the Red Lobster in Ledgewood --- just after the 46 circle ?

Man, back in the day they never made any money on me --- New England clam clowder and Cesar salad Lunch special...

Mmmm, good stuff

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

I never tried a Red Lobster burger but I helped drive them to bankruptcy in the late 90s early 2000s with their all you can eat snow crab legs.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
              Career Member
              • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by Mikey
              You talking about the Red Lobster in Ledgewood --- just after the 46 circle ?

Man, back in the day they never made any money on me --- New England clam clowder and Cesar salad Lunch special...

Mmmm, good stuff
              Yeah, i'm about 20 minutes from there.
              Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Duncan
                If you ever head up towards Niagara falls, stop in Rochester for a local burger (Don's Original, Bill Gray's, etc). It's a normal burger, bun & cheese, but the classic (I believe) has mustard, onion, and the local hot meat sauce. Thinking about it, I should probably get some more of that sauce.
                Schaller's! Tom Wahl's! I love a good burger from Rochester, NY.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
                  Yeah, i'm about 20 minutes from there.
                  Cool !!! …… , you ever try -- I think their name was The Seafood Shed ?

Going west to east was on the exit on 22 right after Suburban Furniture

Man, they had HUGE lobster tails -- were cooked perfect and tender.

edited to correct, Rt 10, not 22
                  Last edited by Mikey; Mar 29, '22, 2:39 PM.

Comment

• publiusr
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Aug 23, 2015

Cap'n Ds was about all I could afford. I miss the sailing ship chart they had in 1980.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by publiusr
                      Cap'n Ds was about all I could afford.
                      Egad, how I wish I had one of those nearby now. No "fast" seafood shops in my area anymore.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

If on the east coast, don't sell your local grocery story's fishmonger short.

I suggest a few crab cakes (Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina caught) --- doesn't really matter.

BAKED and served on a split French bread Hoagie roll (found at the same store's fresh baked section)

Topped off with some shredded lettuce and either topped off with …

If you feel Colonial a bit of mayo and some tartar sauce, a few slices of tomato to finish off.

If feeling a bit more Southern European and spicy, try Bruschetta to finish off your dish.

EVERYTHING to make this can be bought at you local grocery store for under 12 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎